What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Ever have the jalapeno cheddar venison dogs?  Outstanding !!

No I haven't. I do top mine with shredded peperjack.I'm the only one that likes a little heat so only have plain ones made.I have had the peperoni done with creamcheese and jalapeno and loved it.

Last week we had venison curry over rice.

Good thing my dad had a successful season, or it would have been chicken or beef curry instead.

The next weekend my son is home it will be my dad's venison steaks on the grill (weather permitting grill access).

Its nice to have the first (and only) grandson in the house that happens to like venison to have a few lbs thrown my way.  I get to benefit from my son's request to my dad for the "speed beef".

• Like 1

I baked a rabbit for lunch today, wasn't bad. A bit tough, next ones go in the crockpot 20f5366be940cb291d308a5e28157485.jpg

Not so fast with the crock pot.The next one try parboilng first this helps.It will be more tender in the slow cooker do to taking more time to cook.not telling you how to cook just a suggestion.

• Like 1

Seeing the g/f was not going to be here for dinner, I made sort of a 'fusion' style chowder.

Picked up some clam juice, a can of diced tomatoes with chopped jalapeño peppers, jumbo shrimp and scallops, some fresh-water mussels, and some rice noodles.

I wanted a seafood chowder, but not Manhattan or actually NE.

Sautéed the scallops, shrimp, and mussels on EVOO and garlic, put the tomato/pepper and the clam juice in a pot and added the sea food and let it simmer for an hour. Then I boiled up the rice noodles and iced them to keep them al-dente. 

It came our great!

Chinese rice noodles, Manhattan style clam chowder broth, and my own spice recipe.

post-5489-0-77568000-1453941225_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Seeing the g/f was not going to be here for dinner, I made sort of a 'fusion' style chowder.

Picked up some clam juice, a can of diced tomatoes with chopped jalapeño peppers, jumbo shrimp and scallops, some fresh-water mussels, and some rice noodles.

I wanted a seafood chowder, but not Manhattan or actually NE.

Sautéed the scallops, shrimp, and mussels on EVOO and garlic, put the tomato/pepper and the clam juice in a pot and added the sea food and let it simmer for an hour. Then I boiled up the rice noodles and iced them to keep them al-dente. 

It came our great!

Chinese rice noodles, Manhattan style clam chowder broth, and my own spice recipe.

That looks really good.  The scallops are quite big. I just learned if they start out big and drastically shrink when cooking that they are of poorer quality as water was added to them.