What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

70334a1d9a6ac0a01bd595ec808e61c6.jpg

"Healthy" chicken fajita by chef wife. When she's on a diet, some times it means I'm also on a diet. Low fat Greek yogurt is used instead of sour cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elmo
  • Like 3

Corned beef and cabbage is the best part of St Patrick's day.  We have had it 3-4 times over the last week and I think I have finally had my fill for a while.  For at least 4 months anyhow, when we will make our annual trek down to Gettysburg PA.  Ororke's on Stienweir makes the best I have had and they serve heaping portions every Thursday thru Sunday year-round at a very reasonable price.  

We are back to the regular mostly wild-game fare now, with baked largemouth bass fillets, and mini-potatoes on the table tonight.  Bass are the perfect fish for baking with just enough oil to keep them moist.  They are better that way than walleye (dry out due to less oil), but not as good fried.   The vacuum sealer makes them taste as fresh today as those we ate the day they were caught back in mid-September.  The trick to vacuum sealing fish is to dry the fillets with paper towels prior to vacuum.   I have also tried freezing before vacuuming, like they recommend with the instructions on the sealer, but that does not work as well.  It is a lot tougher to get rid of the air pockets between fillets after the meat is frozen.          

• Like 1

Daughter and I hit up Green Dragon for eats this time. Guinness , wings , Reuben , beer and shot of double barrel Irish whisky I'm enjoying being a tourist

You are from wny and ordered wings in Boston??? Come on man!!!

Everything else you get an A+ on!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

You are from wny and ordered wings in Boston??? Come on man!!!

Everything else you get an A+ on!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lol. They were mainly for daughter. I had to put down that Reuben. In all actuality they were quite good. Gave us blue cheese and honey mustard though. What's up with honey mustard and wings ?! And I tried to eat every Boston like food I could so far. Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2