3 in One Cart-Chair Shooting Rest.

A friend sent me a photo of this 3 in 1 Swiss Army Knife Cart-Chair-Shooting Rest being sold by various vendors online and asked what I thought. The idea is OK I guess, have to wonder how well it is made and how durable it is. I would actually have to see one in person and sit on it and see how it feels. I don't think it is something for me but may work for someone else. Anyone here seen one of these gizmos up close?

Al

2022-12-19_073414.png

2022-12-18_103104.png

• Like 3

It looks like something that would work ok on clear, level ground, but not so hot on hills or in heavy cover.  That pretty much takes it out of any serious consideration for me.  On level ground, I am not comfortable hunting from ground-level.  

I do like the way that it appears to offer full 360 degree rotation.  It seems that deer have away of appearing from a direction where I least expect (ie behind me).  

From a design aspect I see a lot of faults and compromises.  The center hub puts a lot of strain on the plastic spokes.  Chair isn't designed for human anatomy.  It would need to more "S" shaped for back comfort.  There's little or no adjustability.  Entire system lacks any ergonomics which if you do plan to sit for hours becomes very important. 

• Like 1

Sorry Al , but I cant come up with a single reason or scenario where that thing would be beneficial to anyone . I sure as heck dont want to be dragging that chair through the woods . It sure doesn't even look comfortable to sit in like Hueyjazz mentioned , and it sure looks like it would be a wobbly mess on any type of ground . If someone bought this thing , I'm sure it would be a prime candidate for the " Bad Purchases " thread .  Although it might work in its own funky way as a deer cart . But I'm not lugging my cart everywhere I go

2 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

Sorry Al , but I cant come up with a single reason or scenario where that thing would be beneficial to anyone .

I hear you, not my cup of tea either, pretty much agree with everything said above. I have been happily married to my Hot Seat for many years and do not intend to go through any divorce. As for dragging them out I still use a simple shoulder harness and rope.

Al

2 hours ago, SportsmanNH said:

Sorry Al , but I cant come up with a single reason or scenario where that thing would be beneficial to anyone . I sure as heck dont want to be dragging that chair through the woods . It sure doesn't even look comfortable to sit in like Hueyjazz mentioned , and it sure looks like it would be a wobbly mess on any type of ground . If someone bought this thing , I'm sure it would be a prime candidate for the " Bad Purchases " thread .  Although it might work in its own funky way as a deer cart . But I'm not lugging my cart everywhere I go

The single reason is it is beneficial to the manufacturer.  Look at it this way, there are lures meant to catch fish and there are lures meant to catch fisherman (sales).  This thing is the latter.  That "hunter" that needs to have the latest greatest whatever, now needs to have this!

• Haha 2

Potential uses:

Wood chuck / prairie dog / predator hunting where you carry into a location and then sit (weather dependent)

Transporting wares to a range.   If no shooting bench or chair to sit on, you've got something.

Be "that guy" who's always got goofy-ass toys.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JJBat150 said:

Wood chuck / prairie dog / predator hunting 

I could see this cart being useful for Prairie Dog hunting. Open grasslands, a couple of rifles and a lot of ammo, moving around a lot to different spots.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, JJBat150 said:

Transporting wares to a range.   If no shooting bench or chair to sit on, you've got something.

When and if my Durango field car ever craps out, maybe I’ll get one.  It would not work for any hunting that I do, but it would be good for that.

An added bonus would be the free workouts, hauling it way out back, when I want to shoot.  Even more, when I forget or run out of something back there, and need to run back to the house.  

8551D392-CEF4-4068-A622-9D3CD3E630BC.thumb.jpeg.ebc4b277eff92a17205177963fbee3c0.jpeg

Another nice bonus would be not having to move the benches out of the way, every time that I bush-hog the range grass.