Crossbows

sodfather

Hey does anybody know or heard rumor that they will allow crossbows for hunting next year. I want to buy a new bow next year but if they are going to legalize crossbows I think I would like to hunt with one of them instead. Also when do you think the deer season with these things will fall. Thanks

Last time I checked a crossbow is shouldered like a gun their for it should be in gun season. It has a trigger. I know I will get hell for saying it but those are are just facts. Ok rip me apart now :O

So under your logic, a release should not be allowed for use with compound bows because essentially it is a trigger.

If you really want me to say let's make it a traditional season recurve long bow only no mechanical attachments. Now do I care if they introduce crossbows no I don't. But it isn't a bow and we all know that you shoulder like a gun it has a stock like a gun it has a trigger like a gun. I think they are right in putting them into the gun season.

Wow this is either a touchy subject or some people had some bad turkey yesterday. All I wanted to know was if it would be legal and what season it would fall under. Thanks

yes we have come off some long hard battles on this one, many have died, many wounded, some with lifetime emotional scars. i myself suffer from the inability to sleep or concentrate..

studying the NY state crossbow wars is something that is recommended to all hunters, it is a low point in our history and has done nothing but weaken the basic fabric of our sport and way of life, just like most wars.

like the Korean War it has not truly ended and history is bound to be repeated. there are those on both sides that feel they have gained a victory, but don't fool yourselves the bloodletting will one day surely start again.

I hope they go in the bow season soon so I don't ever have to see another post about them. ;D ;D ;D I mean seriously people how dead can we beat a horse?

there still beatin the horse in PA.

Isn't beating a horse the LAw  :P .

Not if you beat it with a whisky flask !  ::) ... ???

All archery equipment in archery season, all guns in gun season. That would be the simplest thing to do. My opinion.

BTW, if having a stock was what it takes to be considered a gun, why are pistols guns? Hmmmm, maybe because they shoot bullets? Bows are archery equipment because they shoot arrows with a string, just like crossbows, compound bows, recurves, etc. Its not really that complicated or tough to understand.

I love it when these discussions degenerate into people pulling out their imaginary dictionarys and trying to declare their personal versions of term definition. It happens about a dozen times in each one of these crossbow threads. Look, just admit that you want to jam weapons other than bows into bowseason and be done with it. That I understand and we don't have to sit there and parse every syllable and play the Clinton game of defining what the meaning of "is" is.........again.  :(