People wearing Camo

fasteddie

John --- Try that at the DEC sportsmen's gathering when you go ....... that would be a hoot !

Actually not doing that event this year. The tiny turn out just hasnt done a whole heck of alot for us. Between the insurance stuff, and the guy that runs it, its no wonder to me now why that event has fallen on its face. He didnt even get the forms out to me until last week. The event is this weekend. Its not like I havent done the event before lol. The letter was dated April 4th.

OK... So upfront...I'm sorry ...can't resist...have to ask....

the same can be said about guys wearing hi-vis "construction" shirts or work boots. Half the guys you see wearing them have lotion soft hands, waxed eyebrows and skinny jeans! lol

So you hang around a lot of Gay Bars?....LOL jk :cheese:

Edited by growalot
  • Like 5

I haven't seen mossy oak or real tree worn too much as a fashion statement. I do see tiger stripe and army though.

I have a legendary whitetail bathing suit. It's awesome. Almost all my hats are camo and I wear them all the time. I have a few nice fleece jackets that have been retired from hunting that I wear occasionally. Or I might stop and run some errands on my way back from scouting/prep in camo jeans and shirt. I have a fair share of deer related shirts that aren't camo that I wear.

I feel people judge too much. Catch me on a weekday in khakis in a nice polo driving my nice car and you might think I couldn't fix a clogged drain or have ever spent a minute in the woods. Catch me on the weekend unshaven in ripped work jeans and a dirty shirt in my beat up pickup and you probably assume I'm white trash and chances are I earn more than you.

At the end of the day, don't ever judge others based off appearance.

Edit. Forgot about my camo iPhone otterbox. It's a great way to connect with other hunters. They spot it and the convo goes from there.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 3

Camo hat is as far as I go but 2 years ago in Inlet I walked into a gas station/convenience store and resupplied my wood after 13 days of hunting, I forgot I had camo war paint on. WOW what a look the girl gave me! I was face whipped a few times in the dark so the blood on my face added to the camo effect!

I scared myself when I looked in the mirror so I understood her horror.

That's odd, you should have got right in. The screaming eagle would still serve you :)

I feel people judge too much. Catch me on a weekday in khakis in a nice polo driving my nice car and you might think I couldn't fix a clogged drain or have ever spent a minute in the woods. Catch me on the weekend unshaven in ripped work jeans and a dirty shirt in my beat up pickup and you probably assume I'm white trash and chances are I earn more than you.

Same here. You should see the looks on my co-workers faces here in NYC when they ask me where I am headed for vacation and my response is the name of the state I'm headed to and the species of game I am hunting.

Edit. Forgot about my camo iPhone otterbox. It's a great way to connect with other hunters. They spot it and the convo goes from there.

I have the real tree camo iPhone case as well. Oddly enough, I was deliberately trying to avoid it but I tried every other case they had in the store before it and none of them for my liking. It was the last case they had. My wife said it shows that hunting and I were meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen mossy oak or real tree worn too much as a fashion statement. I do see tiger stripe and army though.

I have a legendary whitetail bathing suit. It's awesome. Almost all my hats are camo and I wear them all the time. I have a few nice fleece jackets that have been retired from hunting that I wear occasionally. Or I might stop and run some errands on my way back from scouting/prep in camo jeans and shirt. I have a fair share of deer related shirts that aren't camo that I wear.

Excellent post.

I bought a couple cheap WGI cams at Dick's recently on a weekend. The girl at checkout asked me if I wanted the warranty for all three cams, I said sure. She mentioned I should buy one instead of three policies because it isn't tied to the cam's serial number. I told her that was solid thinking, that half of my 60 employees wouldn't think like that and I wish they did. I could clearly tell she didn't believe me based on my appearance alone, lol.

Although, I have to say some people can't even look redneck even when in camo. Moog, for example. He values looking good as much as playing good, lol!

Edited by phade

I heard that Moog wears a camo bow tie when he hunts . Is there any truth to that ? :rolleyes:

He doesn't get blood in his truck. He has a slide out, carpeted drawer instead of a truck bed, with various compartments for bows, guns, accessories, etc. Might I add, he has to open several drawers to find a can of bug spray that he forgot he bought to store in the drawer. He carries tarps to wrap the baby deer up in. He gets cold easy too, but that's just because he forgets gloves or gets wet. Sheesh.

I can't talk much. Moog will throw out some dirt on me I am sure. At least I can sit all day.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

OK... So upfront...I'm sorry ...can't resist...have to ask....

So you hang around a lot of Gay Bars?....LOL jk :cheese:

haha no I don't (or any other bars for that matter) and that's my point.

I don't really care what others think of my camo clothes or my camo JEEP.

Have we really become so meek as to let other people dictate how we dress? hmmm a song comes to mind.

• Like 1