Live From The Woods 2023-2024 Edition

landtracdeerhunter

1 hour ago, Hock3y24 said:

Decided to go to mY blind cause it’s still drizzling here. Bout 10 deer in the field on my way in. They didn’t even move. Bout 200 yards from me. Semi urban area.  

I find that this time of the year, can go days without seeing deer. Then like magic, multiples show up. Yesterday afternoon sit was a good one here.

• Like 2

Went out for my usual walk. Wind was perfect and had a Doe across a field I was able to sneak up on. Turned out to be a button so I didn't shoot. Sat at the corn for an hour saw nothing. Tomorrow morning I'll go to one of my favorite stands. Hope it produces but who the heck knows what they are doing this late in season. Oh I did find more rubs and scrapes. Crazy!

• Like 2

See this is why I love where I hunt. My neighbor just called and said let's hunt together on my property tomorrow. He has about 250 acres not heavy hunted. Just the two of us walking around stirring things up. The guys behind me who own 400 acres are done. They told me have at it if you want. Good people who know how to treat each other. As you know we shoot quality deer from my place but its nice to know you have options!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, First-light said:

See this is why I love where I hunt. My neighbor just called and said let's hunt together on my property tomorrow. He has about 250 acres not heavy hunted. Just the two of us walking around stirring things up. The guys behind me who own 400 acres are done. They told me have at it if you want. Good people who know how to treat each other. As you know we shoot quality deer from my place but its nice to know you have options!

You are fortunate to have good neighbors.

• Like 1

Went out this evening saw a young doe cross about a hundred plus yard in front of me . I knew she was going to a field I could put a sneak up to and possibly get a shot. I decided to not chase her. It’s that time of year that my motivation to harvest a deer is very low. It was good just to be out in God’s great outdoors :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, First-light said:

Saw nothing until my walk out. Big Doe stared me down at 30 yards gun was on my shoulder in the sling. Guess who won. Always tomorrow but tomorrows are running out! lol

Honestly Amish. Ever since they moved in the deer hunting around here has gone to crap.