Gas Prices

gfdeputy2

well got home from work & local station dropped from $3.22 TO $3.17

looking like I won't be saving much on the trip though as from what I am seeing on gasbuddy WNY is still $3.50 Average unless it drops in the next 10 days

Edited by gfdeputy2

Just climbed off the ferry from Bellingham, Washington to Haines, Alaska. Gas here is 4.85 a gallon. What the hell !!! With all the oil pumped out of this place? Who's zooming who?

Welcome to Alaska!!  EVERYTHING is about twice to cost up there.  I heard a gallon of milk is like $9.00, too.  

The gas price drop has nothing to do with our election season.  Crude is down more than $15 a barrel in the last month or so (around $85 a barrel now). That price is set by the global market.

And I paid 2.97 for my gas (in NJ) on the way upstate over the weekend.  :)

Edited by Sogaard
  • Like 1

Did you tip the person to Pump gas in nj? That could bring it a few dollars closer.

Sure, I give them tips all the time.

I tell them not to bet the horses, not to vote for Democrats, stay away from dark alleys and move out of NJ as soon as you can.

How does that raise the price per gallon?  LOL!

The price of gas is only partially effected by the price of a barrel of oil.  Demand for gas and the supply available affects it's cost too.  Without more new and efficient refineries being built in America, we can only refine so much gas in a given time period.

Maybe election time has no effect on gas prices, but if the price starts going up right after the elections are over, I'd like to find out why.

Still seems like too much coincidence for politics not to be involved somehow.

Edited by Mr VJP

According to the news tonight we now produce more oil then Saudi Arabia.  Gas prices are expected to drop another 20 cents over the next three weeks.  They showed the price in a MI town and it was $2.55 a gallon for regular.  I hope we see those prices once again some day. 

$2.65 today in NJ

I pumped gas when I was 16 in 1972 and it was only .35 a gallon.  We also washed windshields, checked oil and tire air while you filled up.  How was it possible to do that then, but not possible to do it now?

Wow would love to see that

Wow would love to see that

I should also mention a good job back then paid about $18,000 per year, but a brand new fully loaded Chevy Monte Carlo only cost $5000.

It's not that things were really cheap back then, so much as today's dollar is worth so little.  But customer service was important to any business man at that time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...