Frigging ticks!

New York Hillbilly

What the heck!

I was away for work all last week, so I only hunted on Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening, and then on Sunday morning. I take a shower every night after being in the woods, and check myself closely for ticks because I am totally freaked out by them after finding them stuck to me on several occasions. So, don't it figure that today I felt an itch on my side at my waist when I was driving home after work, and as soon as I get in the house  and have my wife look, there is yet another damned tick stuck to me. This one was still tiny, not bloated, but it's head was attached.

True to form, I freaked and immediately, instinctively picked it off me and it's head stayed attached. I had my wife rip the rest out with tweezers and I put bleach on the site. If anyone is ever going to test positive for Lyme I think it may be me for as many times as I have been bitten by these damned things. Have any of you guys ever been tick bit more than once? I may get a course of Doxycycline this time around, and stay out of the woods until we get a good freeze.

• Sad 1

Sawyers permethrin works great for keeping ticks off you. However , it claims to be odorless after drying. I don’t believe it because I can smell it , and if I can smell it so can the deer.

U r rite. I use the spray for clothes close to the skin and the mix for outer layers which smells even more. All get sprayed with scent killer and kept in sealed containers. Can still smell it.
Do the same for woods working clothes except no scent killer.
  • Like 1

I've been using a 10% mixture of Permethrin to treat my predator and deer hunting clothes for a long time and have no issues with coyote or deer scenting me any more than usual.

If I was busted more than usual I wouldn't be treating my clothes with it.

It's also the best tick repellant/killer out there, so it's a win win.

SJC

SJC

• Like 1

Make sure to saturate and I mean a good permethrin soaking the cuffs of your pants, the waist-belt area of your pants, the ends of your shirt sleeves and the collar along with your hat, those are the entry points. That is my first line of defense, I still readily use good old bug repellent with a high percentage of Deet on my hands-wrist, ankles, and neck for the final touch. I don't care how much it smells, after going through a bad bout of Lyme disease there is no Deer worth not taking extra precaution from my perspective.

Al

• Like 2