Doe blow

Fletch

So your in stand and shortly after first light you have doe(s) come in. Anyhow a doe blows half a dozen times as she wanders off. She got downwind of you and caught a wiff she did not like. She did not bust you or bolt off just wander off blowing.

What are your results of seeing deer after that?

Do you stay or move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it is a daily route they will be still coming in ...I have seen does in the feild continue to feed....... just looking up once in a while ,as another doe wonders around the feild looking at the woods blowing her head off....there are just some skiddish doe out there and other deer can tell the difference between get out of town and ...there goes the nut case again.......

I stay. I was just wondering what others thought/ do. How far away can that blow be heard? Any deer outa that range will not change what they were gonna do. And any in prob forgot about it soon after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was in my stand on Saturday when I heard the grumbling of a tractor which then proceeded to drive into the woods and stop with its motor idling 100 yards from where I was posted. Two guys jumped out to check on some stands that I had no idea were there. After about 15 minutes they got back on the tractor and drove away. I thought my afternoon was shot, but all the other stands on the property were occupied so I decided to stay. 15 minutes later a doe walked right to where the tractor was parked and ate for about 20 minutes. Even though I had no shot you never know what will come along. I was hunting on the boarder of the farm I have permission to hunt and their stand is on the neighboring farm. I guess I have to start rethinking my strategy as I believe they will be showing up come rifle season.

I had a doe blow on opening day when I was walking to my stand.It was before dawn and I didn't see the glowing eyes when I pointed the flashlight in front of me toward the food plot. A few more steps and the 3 consecutive blows and some running deer. I waited several minutes and slowly went to my stand. Nothing for the rest of the day.When I was leaving,  I checked a trail camera that I have in the food plot, the deer arrived about 5 minutes before I did. The next two days I went in after sunrise but didn't  seen anything. I have given it some time and hopefully they are back. If I had waited until after sunrise that wouldnt have happened. I like getting in my stand about 30 minutes before sunrise but this year I guess have to change that.

I just had several deer blow at me as I walked in the other day..I in turn blew on the grunt tube and continued.I had the 8pt walk by just at day break and the doe with triplets came in where I'd gotten busted

I shot my 8pt bow buck 2 yrs ago after busting him under my stand..he run snorting and I snorted and grunted...he came back stiff legged as I was half way up the ladder...busted again him trotting off snorting..I snorted back as I climbed...half hour later he'd circled around d back at shot him 3 yrds off the Stand.....

But I also do not go through the woods shining a flash light to see eyes..I don't use one at all unless completely disoriented..nearly never

I hunted the edges of overgrown fields with long hedgerows with a few buddies for 20 years (we lost the spot due to a family member having $$ and selling it. The fields were about 400-500 yards across and you could not see through the hedgerows into the other fields. We also had some nice oaks in the untillable areas. 

During the pre rut you might see nothing or you could see 20-30 different seer all day. 

One day these small three bucks were chasing a doe around and it was way too early. There were fawns with her. At one point a 5 point stopped a$$ end to me at 30 yards and just blew and blew, something I'd never seen. No deer spooked, hell, half the deer in the field did not even pick up their heads. 

My buddies were busting on me for getting busted by a doe and would not believe its a buck. 

With that said, I've gotten many a deer within an hour of being busted.