UHHHHH my freezer died!!!

MACHINIST

Lost about 100 pounds of deer meat,all my perch from spring and some pork.Went down in basement to put a deer I killed during muzzleloader in the freezer and when I opened the door all the meat on the top was warm and smelled a little.I tossed it all even though some was still froze.Freezer and all.Time for a new small freezer with a alarm on it!!!

Funny, about to go out the door to buy a small freezer. Can you tell me what make a freezer that failed? Was it just a matter of an old freezer finally failing or something else. Just wondering.

I'm sure it's just a roll of the dice with things like this. I gave one away last year that I bought 2nd hand in 1991 and I gave it to my buddy for his son. A customer sold me hers that was only a few years old for $100. A good score!!

That sucks ! I'm so sorry. Been there too. Came home from spring turkey hunting one day to find basement flooded. Serv pro came in, unfinished the finished basement. Few days later I noticed they unplugged chest freezer. Lost a turkey and about 3 deer. Owner of company said how can I make this right ? I said you can't , those critters are off this planet and a complete waste to have taken their lives. Sucked not having venison until fall No alarm on ours but I check light every day as religiously as changing my skivvies Sucks, sorry it happened to you.

I had that happen a few years ago . Went down to the basement to get some burger and when I opened the chest freezer there was a lot of moisture dripping . It had a 12 month guarantee and I had it for 13 months . No idea how long it was off . The power light was still lit . Lost my venison . Replaced the freezer and put a remote thermometer receiver in the freezer and the thermometer by my computer .

It is 5 degrees

post-132-0-72836100-1414080213_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Funny, about to go out the door to buy a small freezer. Can you tell me what make a freezer that failed? Was it just a matter of an old freezer finally failing or something else. Just wondering.

It was 20 years old and has run non stop with the exception of being moved into different houses here and there.It was a Frigidaire and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.I will have a alarm on the next one and I want a upright instead of a chest.Not as efficient but way more friendly to pack meat and retrieve when you want it

• Like 1

I had that happen a few years ago . Went down to the basement to get some burger and when I opened the chest freezer there was a lot of moisture dripping . It had a 12 month guarantee and I had it for 13 months . No idea how long it was off . The power light was still lit . Lost my venison . Replaced the freezer and put a remote thermometer receiver in the freezer and the thermometer by my computer .

It is 5 degrees

Does a buzzer or anything else go off in case it doesn't keep cold enough?What model and brand is the alarm?

Sorry to hear it. It happened to me once too. I lost a whole deer, two store bought turkeys and a bunch of other stuff. You should be able to pick up a new chest freezer for not too much money. I think I paid about $200 to replace mine a few years ago. At least you have a fresh deer to put in it. Good luck.

We have a Gibson freezer that we bought in 1969 or 1970 . It works like a Timex ( knock on wood ) . After the freezer I bought at Sears crapped out , I bought another 7 cu ft freezer ( GE ) from Home Depot when they honored the veteran 10 percent off . Cost about $200 . Bought another 7 cu ft chest freezer from Lowes when they had the veteran 10 percent off for about the same price .

I make it a point not to shop at either store as they don't recognize me as a Veteran even though I have a Wayne County Veteran's Discount card with photo ID but that's another story .

sorry that happened to you...Eddie that is a good idea.....I am lucky in our upright freezers are in the basement and not far from the washer and dryer...I do a lot of laundry......... so I'm down there alot...but also I freeze every thing...so dinner is a trip to the freezers to get meat in the morning and veggies in the afternoon...we also keep frozen jugs of water in them...it keeps them from defrosting the food as fast in an outage which happens often here in the winter