Permethrin

Hey Guys;

Just started using Permethrin this season for ticks and am a little nervous about long term effects. Anybody use it long term at this point  and, if so, what are your thoughts? I ordered a bottle off Amazon fully mixed, 0.5% dilution concentration. That sounds like the ideal concentration based on what Ive read and heard so far.  Of course, have been applying only to my outer garments and letting it dry day before to avoid wet contact skin absorption.  Should I wear inner garments, though as sort of protective layer against the outer treated layer? If so, that would kind of suck cuz its been so hot out, cant imagine traipsing around the woods right now with 2 layers of clothes, let alone 1!! Also, what if your clothes get wet? Does it increase exposure ?

I think you are panicking for nothing NC . I have been using the same Sawyers .05 unscented mix for at least 15 years. Been spraying it on any clothes I use to go in the woods for summer checking cameras and cutting up fire pit wood, hunting in the fall, and  and a very light spray for winter. I have no concerns. 

I spray it both in and out . For summer I wear a very thin coverall with a pair of jeans shorts and a tee shirt underneath. So the coverall is rubbing on my skin. Never a tick bite , No rashes of any kind , or any other issue . I actually put a heavy spray on that coverall and let it  totally dry for a day.  I know tons of people doing the same for hiking , checking cams , and camping . Never heard of any issues from anybody . The campers I know not only spray their clothes , they spray the inside of their sleeping bags .  No concerns or ill effects from anyone. And its been years they have been doing this.