Hunting Fresh Chopped Corn

Steuben Shooter

Right now is good,anytime really.Ours was cut 3 days before the opener and on that Monday I shot a doe off of the field.If you cant hunt a certain day watch the field for where they are coming into the field.Then I would set up just in the woods there if the wind was good

hunt it...and then hunt it. and then hunt it.

Late season corn harvest...hunt it. Might need to look at backing off field a bit if they are waiting until dark/near dark to feed, but it generally attracts a crowd if there is spillage. Chopping is different than cutting however. Chopping looks like a vacuum went over the field and little/no spillage.

The property I hunt near home is made up of 3 fields. It was all corn and the fields are right next to one another. two does cam out into one field that was completed while they were still picking in the next field over. about 300 yards. the harvesting operation didn't even bother them at all. Side note. two does got changed to one. one of my hunting partners saw them picking and immediately went into the stand.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club