Shooting more than one buck

upstatehunter

i have read more than once where people complain of a hunter shooting a buck and tagging it with someone elses tag so they can shoot another buck.  i havent ever done this or will i ever due to not needing all that meat, but what does it matter if the person who has the license fills the tag or if someone else does.  a deer is going to die either way, no matter who shoots it.  only reason i can see behind not allowing this is the state is counting on a number of people not going hunting or killing a buck.  eric

I know people who do this me personally I don't its illegal and I don't see many bucks if some one is filling their buck tags and everyone else's buck tags eventually he won't see many bucks and Will be kicking himself in the a$$ for shooting so many

i dont see a problem......my father has a hunting license......buys it but hasnt hunted in years.....just shows support to the sport.....wouldnt it be the same if he shot it or me......still a buck dying either way......just looking for input.....not trying to change any laws.......i bow hunt, muzzle loader and gun hunt so between them tags i get enough meat.  eric

The people in charge determine how many deer can be taken in order to manage the herd's health. If too many deer are taken, they will issue less tags.

So if what you're asking was legal, few people would shoot many deer, and many people wouldn't be able to even get a license. License might be based on a lottery type system of that were the case.

Right now everyone can get a license because as you said, not everyone shoots deer. If every license got filled, they'd be forced to issue fewer.

• Like 1

If  a deer is poached at night what difference does it make that it isn't tagged? A deer is going to die anyway... what does it matter who killed it? Okay... are we starting to see where that logic is going? I think if someone would tag a deer with someone else's tag... that person wouldn't have a problem looking for a way around other laws as well.. JMO... we don't get to create our own rules based on what we think.. we get to follow them as they are written.

• Like 8

It doesn't bother me but it would be illegal also because the person is not hunting with you and your supposed to tag the deer right away. If you carry their license with you I could see that as an issue if your stopped.

It is illegal to carry anyone else's tag UNLESS is a signed consigned DMP tag that is listed as transferred on your license. 

i by no means hunt illegally.  i have a wife and son that i have to be there for a support along with owning a business.  im a big hunter, and have always had questions and finally joined this site after viewing it for a long time.  i have many questions about deer hunting, but i dont want to be a pain.  eric

Why is it unacceptable that some people ask why the rules are the rules? Some of you folks need to relax.

I'd bet some of those same people that need to relax are also against the safe act and bitch and moan about it. By your own standards you must be criminals. You question that law on this site openly so therefore you must be violating it.

Food for thought. Take it for what it is.

• Like 1

my point is why does it matter who fills the tag.......you can go on the end of kill too many bucks you wont see any but if my father decides to hunt and kills a buck, there are still 2 dead deer

It's ILLEGAL and it's up to your father to fill his own tag . It makes a difference . Using someone elses tag is the same as poaching !