Dick's Sporting Goods Sale

NYDeer

Sorry but I think some of the clothing from Dicks looks good on the rack but when you get it in the field it doesn't perform. I bought a coat and bibs this year made by field an stream i think, and it was nice but when the temps diped down it was just not warm enough for me. I bought some real nice stuff from Cabelas an they have an online sales going on to. Maybee I will wear the clothes from dicks for bow season. But thats just my 2cents worth.

Well, you do get what you pay for, and Dick's, like it or not, is a big box outfit.. 

The 'Field & Stream' products are usually name brand stuff re-tagged for Dick's, so it's probably a hit or miss thing..

Cold weather gear isn't a place to scrounge a few bucks though! Although we wear it only a month or two out of the year, freezing every minute for a month will make it like an eternity!

Sorry but I think some of the clothing from Dicks looks good on the rack but when you get it in the field it doesn't perform. I bought a coat and bibs this year made by field an stream i think, and it was nice but when the temps diped down it was just not warm enough for me. I bought some real nice stuff from Cabelas an they have an online sales going on to. Maybee I will wear the clothes from dicks for bow season. But thats just my 2cents worth.

let me guess, $39 for the bibs and $39 for the jacket.

I bought the bibs and wear my long john's and jeans, kept me warm in the cold cold cold.

I also have their F&S 1000 gram Tracker boots, with a good pair of wool socks im tosty warm.

My older F&S camo coat I allways wear a sweat shirt under it, or a hoody.

you allways get what you pay for, thats for sure.

I stopped at Dick's in Webster to see what they have for Blaze orange (cow pattern) camo bibs . All they had was the fleece type . I have some fleece overtrousers and they catch on everything ( burdocks , stick-tites , etc ) . I have some insulated brown trousers that repel the stickers but don't want to wear brown during gun seasons .

I'll have to check the Dick's in Henrietta when I get down that way . Gander Mt is quite a bit more pricey .

Field and Stream makes nothing.  It's the other brands renamed to be sold as a Dick's exclusive.  Those bibs and jacket are made by Walls.  The bibs I love, the bomber jacket is junk.  They do have a 3-in-1 parka though that is very good though you'll pay about a hundred bucks for it this time of year. 

If anyone else wants to know who makes what field and stream products let me know lol

• 2 weeks later...

fasteddie,yep your right about the signs. Sunday was a one day only deal just at the Webster store. During the day the sign said 39 bucks on one side and 2 for one on the other.....

When my buddy called me and we went back Sunday night the sign just said $39 bucks,but when we had them scan one it still came up 2 for 1.

2 left sounds right, we left 2 or 3 all with boxes with corner damage.

BTW they were $29 bucks the week before !

Crazy.

I went to the East-View Dick's store this afternoon . I bought 2 ladderstands for $69.99 and used a $10 coupon plus a $10 Rewards certificate . I then went back in the store and bought 2 chain-on stands for $39.99 and grabbed a chain-on bow holder and used another $10 coupon . Bought everything with Gift Cards !  They had the "buy one - get one free" deals .  OoooooRaaaaah !!!  :) ... :) ... :)

Good catch !! Now you can buy that $600 coat ........

Its hit and miss at each store.Dicks in Greece had a 2 for 1 a few days after Webster did . A  guy on the job knew someone who works there and they called him to let him know .

Each store does it when they get tired of the stands sitting around I guess.Its all timing,kinda like hunting .

I hit three stores around here and not too much on stand deals left. Pretty picked over. Was not looking real hard anyway. I bought 4 ladder stands last year at 34 bucks each then the 10 buck off coupons.

I did find all the scent elimination products marked down and the 50% off that so I got like 80 bucks worth of stuff for 30 then anothe 10 off with coupon!! Love after season sale. I got bar soap, clothes detergent and dryer sheets, scent spray.... a whole bag of stuff.

Another pick I got was a ball cap with the head lights built into the bill. I have wanted one since beginning of season. I have used the clipons and they get broken or accidently turned on in pack and burn out.... I got the hat for 11 bucks down from 20.