Any fellas here into good cigars

nyantler

Just curious, why do you cigar smokers take pictures of yourself smoking cigars?

Do you think nobody will believe you? :dontknow:

Seems strange to me.

In my case it would be hard catching me having fun (which is when most people tend to take pics) where I don't have a cigar in my mouth. Especially if I'm at camp... and if you don't smoke cigars I could see how you might think it's strange... kind of like the old Harley saying "If I have to explain it, you probably wouldn't understand"

• Like 1

I enjoy a good White Owl from time to time, Ahhhh just kiddin now.I love a Cuban Cohiba and smoke Macanudos but I really am looking forward to getting some good Cuban cigars without worrying about being busted like some pot dealer now.

A few years back I bought I few Cubans (Cigars that is) from a shop I frequent. The tobacco was bought from Cuba, and then stored in the U.S., before the embargo. They were rolled into cigars here. They were outstanding. Best I ever had. I have heard that Cuban tobacco isn't what it use to be. I hope thats not true.

A few years back I bought I few Cubans (Cigars that is) from a shop I frequent. The tobacco was bought from Cuba, and then stored in the U.S., before the embargo. They were rolled into cigars here. They were outstanding. Best I ever had. I have heard that Cuban tobacco isn't what it use to be. I hope thats not true.

Most of the tobacco now days and since the embargo is grown from Cuban seed anyway... other country have gotten very good over the years at producing quality tobaccos... Nicaragua, Honduras, and the Dominican Republic produce cigars that are as good or better than any Cuban you'll ever smoke.  Cuban cigars are still quite good, but not any better than cigars made in other countries today. The mystique of the Cuban cigar comes from not being able to legally get them for 50 years. Their dominance in the market place no longer exists.

Just curious, why do you cigar smokers take pictures of yourself smoking cigars?

Do you think nobody will believe you? :dontknow:

Seems strange to me.

It's not that u do it because it's a cigar but it's just a selfie in general. I know you have pics of you doing other things and taking a pic while smoking is no different.
  • Like 1

I have 3 humidors 2 at home one at work. I try to smoke at work on night tricks but folks keep shooting each other or setting their houses on fire and messing that up ....

I consider my Hot Springs hot tub my most expensive cigar accessory .

Oh ya we're good. My daughter is home this month , but I'll be up your way at some point this winter if you don't mind sitting on them.

I just pulled two,stands one with LW sticks the other with Muddy ladder sticks. The LW are way lighter and easier to carry in and out.

If you,want to drive to Roch to sit in a hot tub with a bald mid 50's man fighting love handles, well I might stick to screw in steps......

If you,want to drive to Roch to sit in a hot tub with a bald mid 50's man fighting love handles

I'm 53 and have lost the love handle fight.  :(

I did go down swinging though.....................................

Let me know when you are coming in, no worries!

My wife hates cigar smoke. I bow to her on this one, so I don't get to partake as often as I would like or would do so normally. I'm lucky if I get to enjoy 3-4 in a year. Used to be much more into them before I met my wife. Ah, the plight of man.

That said, I know they get mixed reviews (as in all over the board), but a good cheapie is Helix...550 or 652. Mild, but interestingly enough a little peppery at the start. I have come to like cigars that start a little peppery and them smooth out. Not many do that, at least in the limited range of what I have tried.

I don't smoke in the house either, thats why I don't really smoke them at all this time of year. The shop, where I buy my cigars, allows smoking and once in a great while (in the winter) I stop in and have a smoke but its not very relaxing. I have to put up with the degenerate KENO players and their constant no name cigarette smoke.

I agree with your wife...they are the nastiest, fowl smelling things...but cigarett smoke is too...a good pipe tobacco I can handle from a distance...

When I get close to a friend that has smoked a cigar and I haven't I can't believe how much he REEKS!  It really is a gross smell if you aren't the one smoking it.......but I do enjoy them when I'm the smoker.

My wife hates them of course.......................

When I get close to a friend that has smoked a cigar and I haven't I can't believe how much he REEKS! It really is a gross smell if you aren't the one smoking it.......but I do enjoy them when I'm the smoker.

My wife hates them of course.......................

I febreeze myself after a cigar

My wife hates cigar smoke. I bow to her on this one, so I don't get to partake as often as I would like or would do so normally. I'm lucky if I get to enjoy 3-4 in a year. Used to be much more into them before I met my wife. Ah, the plight of man.

That said, I know they get mixed reviews (as in all over the board), but a good cheapie is Helix...550 or 652. Mild, but interestingly enough a little peppery at the start. I have come to like cigars that start a little peppery and them smooth out. Not many do that, at least in the limited range of what I have tried.

I like the peppery taste best... I try to buy cigars that hold the pepper and spice taste throughout the cigar. Most good habano wrapper cigars are peppery.

nothing better then a cold brew and a nice cigar to take the edge off Joe. Ill tell you some of the best cigars i had was at my wedding last year, the wife surprised me with a guy who hand roles them so at the wedding he has his station setup and it was perfect. i had to take a handful of those suckers before he left. i def want to get a humidor one of these days.