Muck Boots - UGH

beachpeaz

Mines fit loose but if I go a size smaller, I can't get my feet into them.  They're great for their purposes but I find myself rarely having the need to use them.  They only come out a couple of times a year when temps are in the single digits or when there's almost 2 feet of snow.  While they're loose, they're actually a little tight right under the knee so after a long day there's some chafing.

Herman Survivors ( the original ) here , ( they must be 40 years old ) Warm them up with a hair dryer and spread mink oil or snow proof on them, let it dry and buff the excess off , good for the whole hunting season and more. When it gets below 0 degrees the old Soral Pack boots ( 50 + years old ) same treatment on the tops. Take an extra pare of liners and sox and you are good for the day.

How far are you from North Java NY ?  Reisdorf Bros. feed and farm supply store sells LaCrosse and Muck boots. I have had both types and Muck will out last LaCrosse boots by far. You can also purchase food plot seeds and fertilizer from them.

True That!  I used to be a HUGE Rocky boot fan until they started making them in China (or, if they have alwasy been made there, stopped carring about HOW they were made in China).  My last 2 pair of Rocky's were total piles of garbage, fell apart and leaked like a siv.  Last pair I ever have and ever will own.

Made in China! Like any other clothing or footwear items made in Asia, there's a huge disparity in sizing and quality. Pretty sure Rocky boots falls into this category also!

As mentioned, I had no choice but to order them.  I went to every hunting retailer within 30 miles of my house and people either don't carry them, or they were completely picked over (sizes 9 or 15 an nothing else).  I took a shot at ordering a pair knowing I could just return them back to Cabelas that is only 25 minutes from my house if needed.  Our new Cabelas store BTW (in Cheektowaga) has an ATROCIOUS selection of rubber boots. 

Footwear is one of those products that I never mail-order. I must try them on. Nothing is more worthless than ill-fitting boots or shoes. 

Thanks for all the comments.  I totally understand that they fit different than a  lace up boot.  I went into it with that mind set.  However, these fit so loose and crappy, given the amount of miles I put on a pair of boots in a given day, my feet would be one giant blister.  There is no way they are desiged to fit that poorly.

I tried on a pair of LaCrosse while I was returning my Muck's to Cabelas in the same size and they fit perfectly.  Exactly how I imagined the Muck's would.  What I don't like is that stupid, ugly foam "shin gaurd" they put on the front of the boot.  It looks like a moon boot out of 1985.  I have also heard nothing but bad reviews about LaCrosse rubber boots which made me shy away from them to begin with.

I have one pair of the Muck Chore boots.  They are for around the yard only.......If I ever tried to hunt in them they'd cripple me sooo bad it wouldn't be funny.

I can't wear my Lacrosse Burly's anymore either, no support for my feet.  My ankles are great my feet are toast.

Two weeks ago I started the DREADED search for new leather boots.  Because I wear prescription orthopedic inserts I need better boots for the job......First I bought a pair of Cabela's 9" Uninsulated Outfitter Boots.  Got them home and figured after a couple hours around the house they were way to clunky, heavy and the fit wasn't 100%.  Took them back and found a pair of Cabela's Meindl uninsulated Lightweight boots that SEEMED to fit awesome!  Got them home, traipsed around the house for a couple hours.  Then took the dog for a hours walk and figured out the fit was way off.........DAMNITALL!! 

OPPS, I'll finish in a bit, momma needs something..........................

Edited by Lawdwaz

I don't think you can expect the same fit from rubber boots as you can from lace up boots......I've always been happy with LaCrosse, but rubber boots don't fit the same as the lace ups, so I never buy without trying on for size.

this is exactly on point. If i'm going to do some serious hiking or any sort of steep terrain, I'm going with my rocky lace up boots. Cant cross any water with them but the support is amazing. But for hunting, especially deer you don't want leather. It holds scent. Most of my deer and turkey hunting doesn't require miles of hiking and almost all the spots I hunt have some streams. My woodymax keep me warm and they dont sweat in most cases weather I'm sitting or hiking.

I've had my pair at lest 8 years now. There are some cuts in the neoprene but they still dont leak. If you consider you're spending ~$150 for a pair and you can get 10 years or so out of them, the price isn't so bad. My leather lace up hiking boots get much less wear and tear and they're on their way out.

this is exactly on point. If i'm going to do some serious hiking or any sort of steep terrain, I'm going with my rocky lace up boots. Cant cross any water with them but the support is amazing. But for hunting, especially deer you don't want leather. It holds scent. Most of my deer and turkey hunting doesn't require miles of hiking and almost all the spots I hunt have some streams. My woodymax keep me warm and they dont sweat in most cases weather I'm sitting or hiking.

I've had my pair at lest 8 years now. There are some cuts in the neoprene but they still dont leak. If you consider you're spending ~$150 for a pair and you can get 10 years or so out of them, the price isn't so bad. My leather lace up hiking boots get much less wear and tear and they're on their way out.

8 years out of rubber boots? You must hunt from your couch! JK.

I only tried on rubber boots one time and they had a pretty similar fit to my laced up boots. I guess under armor makes a little better fit to me. In the end I decided not to get it since I really have to need for a pair. The way I see it is that the bottom of my leather boot is rubber anyway so there really isn't a point to get a whole boot in rubber when only the bottom comes in to contact with the ground. I also have zero need for un insulated or low insulated boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some 1000g rubber boots from dicks that are all of 7 years old. Not the most comfortable boot in the world but they have held up great.. I'm looking at getting a new pair of boots and was thinking about the mucks. They seem way more comfortable. I have heard that they don't hold up very well though. Anyone have issues with them ripping?

I've had good luck with Muck boots, on my 3rd pair in 12 years. Before that, I was lucky to get a year out of a pair of rubber boots before they leaked. I'll agree, they don't fit as well as leather boots, I just wear 2 pairs of socks when I put them on, as long as it doesn't get into the 90s, I'm fine. My only gripe is that the neoprene tears when you walk in briars with them on.

I have one pair of the Muck Chore boots.  They are for around the yard only.......If I ever tried to hunt in them they'd cripple me sooo bad it wouldn't be funny.

I can't wear my Lacrosse Burly's anymore either, no support for my feet.  My ankles are great my feet are toast.

Two weeks ago I started the DREADED search for new leather boots.  Because I wear prescription orthopedic inserts I need better boots for the job......First I bought a pair of Cabela's 9" Uninsulated Outfitter Boots.  Got them home and figured after a couple hours around the house they were way to clunky, heavy and the fit wasn't 100%.  Took them back and found a pair of Cabela's Meindl uninsulated Lightweight boots that SEEMED to fit awesome!  Got them home, traipsed around the house for a couple hours.  Then took the dog for a hours walk and figured out the fit was way off.........DAMNITALL!! 

OPPS, I'll finish in a bit, momma needs something..........................

OK, back on track........I then took those boots back.  They seemed to have a terrible fit at the top of my foot.  Strange, it felt like I could put my hand on top of my foot (of course you can't stick your hand inside a laced up boot) and still have my foot flopping around.  Front to back and side to side were fine.

OKAt Cabela's they were great.  They said no sweat, you want your money back or credit?  I kept on shopping........I tried on the Cabela's/Meindl Air Revolution and Cabela's/Meindl Air Active Hiker etc. in all kids of sizes.  Then I ended up with the Cabela's/Meindl Perfect 10 insulated 400g,  That one fit by far the best.....and it was the  most expensive!

Their boots are made in three different locations that I could see on the tongues......Vietnam, Slovenia and of course Germany.  Not surprisingly the German ones fit the best.

The reason I'm even getting new boots is I'm tired of stuffing my feet into boots that I bought when I took a 10.5 D size.  The funny thing is one of those smaller boots is a pair of those same Perfect 10 boots that I bought in 2003.  They just hurt my feet too much and I figure these new ones should last at LEAST another 15 years as the ill fitting ones are still in great shape.  These days everything has to be 2EE width and either 10.5 or 11 size.

Man do I hate shopping for shoes!  The girl at Cabela's was very understanding and supportive, I must have tried on at least dozen pairs in the end before sticking with the "Perfect 10's" that day.

" The girl at Cabela's was very supportive"..

She was also probably VERY hot...

I think THAT is why you tried on so many pairs of boots..

You took the words right out of my mouth....lol.

I try on a lot of things when there is a hot girl helping out.

I only tried on rubber boots one time and they had a pretty similar fit to my laced up boots. I guess under armor makes a little better fit to me. In the end I decided not to get it since I really have to need for a pair. The way I see it is that the bottom of my leather boot is rubber anyway so there really isn't a point to get a whole boot in rubber when only the bottom comes in to contact with the ground. I also have zero need for un insulated or low insulated boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to start a fight, but every small bush or tall grass you brush against leaves scent. It's amazing seeing a deer cut your tracks no matter how careful you've been.

I got some 1000g rubber boots from dicks that are all of 7 years old. Not the most comfortable boot in the world but they have held up great.. I'm looking at getting a new pair of boots and was thinking about the mucks. They seem way more comfortable. I have heard that they don't hold up very well though. Anyone have issues with them ripping?

I've had some barb wire and big thorns rip the neoprene, but they still don't leak. You can see the seam starting to give but it's still warm and no water.

Not to start a fight, but every small bush or tall grass you brush against leaves scent. It's amazing seeing a deer cut your tracks no matter how careful you've been.

I was thinking this as I was typing it out. I personally walk down the middle of trails so my boots rarely come into contact with small twigs. I also have a lot of mud where I hunt so my boots usually get a generous coating of free scent away. Although I think they'll cut your tracks wearing rubber boots as well. 

Their boots are made in three different locations that I could see on the tongues......Vietnam, Slovenia and of course Germany.  Not surprisingly the German ones fit the best.

I have a pair of Meindl Borneo that I bought over in Hamilton ON when there was a dealer years ago...real deal German ones.....favorite boots along with a pair of hot weather/ light Vasques that have been all over. But they are really tired now and seen better days.

Breaking in a pair of Slov made Cabela/Meindl Hikers that seem to be doing well so far.....

Wish Meindl had a regular line distributor in the States.

I just greased the new ones up this afternoon, used Obenauf's.  A heat gun to warm them up a tad then laid it on heavy.  Two hours in the sun set it in real good.......

I REALLY liked these but they DON'T offer them in EE width.  They would have been my first choice...........

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Air-Revolution-Hunting-Boots-by-Meindl/1382474.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D20%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dmeindl%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WT.mc_id%3DGOOGLE%257Cfoo_v_meindl_phrase%257CUSA%26WT.srch%3D1%26WT.tsrc%3DPPC%26WT.z_mc_id1%3D43700005462381822%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26gclid%3DCK3f0YWnn8UCFfRr7AodIlQAZw%26gclsrc%3Daw.ds%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26rid%3D20%26search%3Dmeindl%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts&Ntt=meindl

The Perfekt 10 is a German made boot.  I'll be breaking them in on Saturday & Sunday..........gotta work tomorrow. :( 

First opening day of spring gobbler I'll miss in 33 years.  Life's changes..............