Cool fox encounter!

wooly

I decided to sit down in the swamp for a while this morning to see what kind of birds were flying around.
I saw some great action, but the highlight of my morning came when a hen wood duck came flapping out of the cat tails putting on the "lame duck" act while quacking up a storm.
I thought she spotted me for a moment, but then something caught my eye from the shore where she came from.

I thought it was a deer, or maybe a fawn at first, but suddenly I saw a little duckling run from the green forest and paddle for dear life once he hit the waters edge.
A split second later, this fox came hot on it's heels and landed at the swamp edge in front of me.
I was lucky to get 3 shots off before he turned tail and vanished before my eyes.
This was a super cool encounter, and I was happy to come home with this shot! :)
The duckling survived to see another day!

original.jpg

• Like 16

You should.  Even locally there are publications that might accept your work.  The quality is definitely there.  It won't make you a millionaire and paparazzi won't flock to your door but it's nice to see your name in print and pick up a little something extra doing something you love.

• Like 5

Nice shot!!!  The fox at our archery range take most of the babies to feed her babies.  We have many geese but between the fox, raccoons and hawks they have a hard time making adulthood.  After 2 weeks most are gone including the parent birds.  (I think the parent birds leave in frustration!) 

• Like 1

Nice shot!!!  The fox at our archery range take most of the babies to feed her babies.  We have many geese but between the fox, raccoons and hawks they have a hard time making adulthood.  After 2 weeks most are gone including the parent birds.  (I think the parent birds leave in frustration!) 

Beautiful shot wooly.

If the foxes are eating the baby sedentary geese, I'm rooting for the foxes.

• Like 1