Easton FMJ

NYBuckHunter27

I bought a 6 pack a while back, I think they are over kill for deer because they damn near went through the my target everytime, seemed to bend easy also. But they did quiet my bow due to the weight and I wouldn't hesitate to use them on a bigger game hunt. I went back to 8.8 gpi using Easton aftermath arrows

I have been shooting them since the year they came out.  They are the longest lasting, hardest hitting arrows I have ever owned.  I switched from a lighter carbon arrows and will never ever go back to them.  I have killed 7 deer with the same arrow since owning them.  You get the best of everything, thin, carbon, metal, and weight to drive your broadhead through your target. 

• Like 1

I've never bought into the brand loyalty thing when it comes to carbon arrow shafts. Most comparable brands are over priced, and most any others out there these days will get the job done if you do your part from the delivery end.

An arrow would have to practically implode/explode on release for me to say it's not worthy of hunting with, and I'm sure I'd have that all figured out before season began on their way to the bag.

When we as hunters are talking about  1/100's of an inch affecting our accuracy, I know we're all FOS.

I don't care how good you think you are....... you ain't  as good as you think you are if your measuring four groups in fractions of an inch at hunting distances.

• Like 2

I bought a 6 pack a while back, I think they are over kill for deer because they damn near went through the my target everytime, seemed to bend easy also. But they did quiet my bow due to the weight and I wouldn't hesitate to use them on a bigger game hunt. I went back to 8.8 gpi using Easton aftermath arrows

i have heard reviews of guys bending them easily also, but is this operator error?

They are twice as much as axis arrows per half dozen. .002 straightness tolerance probably never see a difference in accuracy. I shoot axis 400 28.5 in 100 gr bh = 402 gr heavy enough for me. Tried them all liked acc found they weren't worth the money.

Find one that is spined right for your setup and shoots good.

i have heard reviews of guys bending them easily also, but is this operator error?

I would have to say yes its operator error.  I still have the original dozen I bought when they came out, what was that 6 or so years ago?  I have not bent a single one of them, my guess is some are not pulling them straight out of the target when removing them and bending.  Until people use them how can they lay judgement?  Are they more expensive, yes but I have not had to buy new carbon arrows all the time like I use too.  So in the end I have saved money.

I would have to say yes its operator error.  I still have the original dozen I bought when they came out, what was that 6 or so years ago?  I have not bent a single one of them, my guess is some are not pulling them straight out of the target when removing them and bending.  Until people use them how can they lay judgement?  Are they more expensive, yes but I have not had to buy new carbon arrows all the time like I use too.  So in the end I have saved money.

have you had issues with the HIT inserts?

I don't get the over penetration comments. I have a dozen that I bought with my new bow. 5 deer with the same arrow and same broadhead. quartering away at 35 yards, perfect shot and through the off side shoulder blade. All the way through an no damage to the arrow. The only arrows I lost were the two I messed up with a robin hood.

I have not had one issue with the inserts either.

• Like 1

I don't get the over penetration comments. I have a dozen that I bought with my new bow. 5 deer with the same arrow and same broadhead. quartering away at 35 yards, perfect shot and through the off side shoulder blade. All the way through an no damage to the arrow. The only arrows I lost were the two I messed up with a robin hood.

I have not had one issue with the inserts either.

yeah, I don't think I've ever heard of someone losing an animal due to penetrating it too deeply.........

• Like 2

Used them for the past two seasons.  They are tough and hit hard.  Over-penetration is only a problem when they bury in the ground after a pass through.  They do tend to have a stiffer dynamic spine than indicated, but that's not usually problem with a well tuned compound.  I have yet to bend one.  Speed and costs are the offset to the benefit of greater penetration, but well worth it in my opinion.

• Like 2

so I just found out Tues night that a guy I know of shoots the FMJ Dangerous Game version and his finished arrow weight was something like 750 grains that he routinely uses for deer.  He tagged out early season with it too on a mature doe and a 140" class buck, so it's working well.

• Like 1