Fawn sightings

Zag

After the winter we just got finished with, can it really be surprising if people are not seeing a whole lot of fawns. Yes the observation may be a bit premature yet, but I will not be super-surprised if the winter has taken a significant toll on this years crop of fawns. It all yet remains to be seen, but I think the results may make us all wonder about the frantic panicky plans that the DEC has formulated to rid us of all those nasty deer.

I saw my first set of twins on one of last weeks hikes through my hunting grounds but they didn't stick around long enough for a pic of them together.

I'll get 'em.... but yeah, this years fawn crop is not looking so good so far here and  I think we're not seeing as many since winter took out many of the expecting mothers.

• 2 weeks later...

Mom and her fawn and her 1 year old walking around the the house eating this morning,the first time I saw the 3 of them together. Before that a young spike in velvet and his sister or mate were browzing. Must be a change in the weather coming.