Firework Sales In New York

I'm not happy...I have nothing against fire works...but you need to understand we are fireworks central on this hill the entire summer...and routinely private parties put on spectacular displays...I know for a fact thousands of dollars worth. That said...people respected work days...Not this summer...it's during the day its 7 days a week. The nights starting at 10 pm and yes some of us work and get up at 4-5am and would enjoy not being woke up by bombs going off!...Angel is now so crazed from the all day and half the night explosions she won't leave the house unless forced to... leave it for the weekend ppl....

I will never understand why people (most especially adults) get kicks out of spending money on something that will only make a loud boom and not much more.  Guns make a boom too, but at least the object is to hit a target accurately with them.  Professional fireworks displays can be pretty neat I'll give you that, but having idiots on the street just making lots of noise is pretty much senseless in my honest opinion.  I guess they have nothing more interesting to do with their lives.

• Like 1

i have stomped out small grass fires from idiots playing with fireworks in the dry grassy field by an airport - figure should do what I can since the fire dept was putting on the real show in town 2-3 miles away.  I have had people 3-4 cars away in a parking lot set off fireworks between cars. 

All of that was in a state that bans fireworks - period.

My sister has witnessed people lighting some and tossing them under cars.

I have seen people give lit sparklers to 4 year-olds.   There are a lot of idiots that just don't know how dangerous the stuff can be - third degree burns requiring grafts, hands blow off, people blinded, loss of hearing, etc.

I will never understand why people (most especially adults) get kicks out of spending money on something that will only make a loud boom and not much more.  Guns make a boom too, but at least the object is to hit a target accurately with them.  Professional fireworks displays can be pretty neat I'll give you that, but having idiots on the street just making lots of noise is pretty much senseless in my honest opinion.  I guess they have nothing more interesting to do with their lives.

I will never understand why people get kicks out of calling others idiots and telling them they're wasting their time because they don't enjoy a very specific activity that others do.   I guess they have nothing more interesting to do with their lives.

• Like 4

It's funny, there are a lot of states that do not make fireworks illegal.

I guess they don't have as many idiots as the states that outlaw fireworks.  Or at least their elected officials don't believe they are idiots.

The states that don't outlaw fireworks also seem to do a better job of enforcing the codes in place that allow them.

Like a lot of things..irresponsible morons and drunks ruin it for everyone else. I have  seen morons and drunks accidentally hurt themselves or others with fireworks. Years ago I watched a drunk girl intentionally blow off 4 out of her fingers, with a 1/4 stick, because she was fighting with her boyfriend and thought it would make him feel guilty…She sure showed him..

Idiots and morons don't ruin it for everyone.  Elected officials trying to keep idiots and morons from hunting themselves ruin it for everyone.

How does that saying go?  "Remove all of the warning labels and just let natural selection prevail".

• Like 3

I will never understand why people get kicks out of calling others idiots and telling them they're wasting their time because they don't enjoy a very specific activity that others do.   I guess they have nothing more interesting to do with their lives.

Look, I could give a crap how you or anyone get their kicks, BUT when you are the ones causing the loud booms in my neighborhood for several weeks BEFORE the 4th of July that make the dishes rattle inside my cabinets, then I will surely call YOU and THEM idiots!  Yes, you must have nothing better to do than to disturb the peace and quiet of others.

• Like 1

Idiots and morons don't ruin it for everyone.  Elected officials trying to keep idiots and morons from hunting themselves ruin it for everyone.

How does that saying go?  "Remove all of the warning labels and just let natural selection prevail".

I get your point but if idiots and morons only hurt themselves I would be more than fine with it…believe me. But I once saw a drunken moron throw a sparkler up in the air. It landed on a little girls foot and we couldn't  get it off because it melted itself to her sandal. Blood curdling screams does not describe it. Another time a drunk idiot bounced on of those spinning fireworks off the sidewalk where a bunch of people were standing. It bounced up and flew between my friends upper arm and T-shirt sleeve where it burned and spun for a good 20 seconds or so. The entire top of his arm is one big scar now. 

I'm not happy...I have nothing against fire works...but you need to understand we are fireworks central on this hill the entire summer...and routinely private parties put on spectacular displays...I know for a fact thousands of dollars worth. That said...people respected work days...Not this summer...it's during the day its 7 days a week. The nights starting at 10 pm and yes some of us work and get up at 4-5am and would enjoy not being woke up by bombs going off!...Angel is now so crazed from the all day and half the night explosions she won't leave the house unless forced to... leave it for the weekend ppl....

You do understand that the large, loud fireworks are still illegal in NY right? The only things that are legal are sparklers, fountains, etc.

Different strokes for different folks. Your idea of fun probably sounds completely pointless to alot of people.

Im sure your gunshots during deer season make every single person that hears them happy. Do you ride a motorcycle with a loud exhaust? Betcha everyone enjoys that....etc etc etc.

Yes I do and all the stuff ppl have been setting off for years and years has been illegal...we have a few Sheriff and state troopers living in this area and no one gets stopped,hassled, turned in. As I said I do not mind them...but for some reason...I'm thinking this law...they have taken off all limitations on their activity. 1/4 sticks several times a day and at night is a bit much...All week long plus weekends is too much...and this has been since May. People use to have at least some respect for their neighbors....thing of the past ...

A couple nights a week for the past 2 weeks (when it is not raining) a couple people have been setting some off in my town - some to the east on or just over the ridge, some to the south near a lake.

We are not talking Friday or Saturday night, but like Tuesdays  9-10 PM.  My kids are still taking final exams, my dog thinks there is another thunderstorm rolling in and starts shaking, and my wife asks if that was a gunshot.

New Years eve, okay, kind of get that.  Two days before and the week after New Years, 3 weeks before July 4th - what the hell?  Guess some people have no respect for anyone else.  People getting busted for it - zero.

Mind you, this is not occurring in the countryside/rural area, but in town. among older neighborhoods and newer cookie-cutter developments.

Even though it is illegal you would never know.  It sounds like a war zone at night. 

Last 4th a few parties had fireworks and one had mortars, the big ones. 

I would not mind if it was legal, everyone basically that wants fireworks gets them.  And lighting them off is fun!  People should have consideration and wait for the 4th and clean up after themselves.  Even with the houses close to each other people light off all kinds of rockets and mortars. 

Shooting a jumping jack up in the air with a wrist rocket was fun!  So was lighting a gross of bottle rockets or a mat of firecrackers.  O YEA!  Stopped all that at about the age of 16 when girls took over.  Dam that was fun!

I like loud guns, loud cars, loud bikes and explosions. I have subwoofers in my car and in my home theater. I love a good action movie. Do I care why I love these things? nope. I just know that I do.

With that said, I can relate to the random summer weekend night. Woke a colicky baby up a few nights and I swear I could have knocked a mother f'r out. Leave it to a few saturday's a year and be done with it.

I like loud guns, loud cars, loud bikes and explosions. I have subwoofers in my car and in my home theater. I love a good action movie. Do I care why I love these things? nope. I just know that I do.

With that said, I can relate to the random summer weekend night. Woke a colicky baby up a few nights and I swear I could have knocked a mother f'r out. Leave it to a few saturday's a year and be done with it.

I respect your reply here.  You are looking at things from someone elses point of view which is how we should all look at things.  Doing something just because we CAN without regard to others is where I start losing respect for many.

• Like 1

I used to love that too. Nothing beat Led Zep cranked to "11."

Now that I have developed some asymmetrical hearing loss and a rather bad case of Tinnitus, I regret my previous love for loud things. Turns out even frequent use of power tools can cause hearing problems over time.

Note to younger self: Turn down the music. Always use _quality_ hearing protection.