It Is Time To Get The .243 AI. Out.

thphm

Don't shoot them. They are beautiful creatures that help the ecosystem. They kill feral cats and rodents. They never have an impact on deer, other small game, or turkey/duck/geese/wood cock or what ever. They should be cherished and adored. Studied, photographed, documented.

To kill one of these majestic creatures would be a crime against nature. 

I waited over an hour. This was sarcasm. 

Edited by ....rob

Link does not work , comes out html. Lawdwaz yes a custom , Remy, short action blueprinted with Sako extractor , Hart bbl. glass beaded dull black finish , H&S stock blk. Actoin  , pillar bedded , bbl. glass bedded and floated . With a good scope. Now shooting 65 grain a max.

Got it to work with Adobe.Reader. This is the first time at this time of the year I have seen them on my property , usually see them during deer hunting season in the past. This is the first year in the past 12 , that rabbits starting coming on the property ( the Red Fox population is down from past years ) and the first year the Woodchucks had young on the property , also a good number of Fawns this year all singles no twins or triplets .Every thing they like to eat.

Got it to work with Adobe.Reader. This is the first time at this time of the year I have seen them on my property , usually see them during deer hunting season in the past. This is the first year in the past 12 , that rabbits starting coming on the property ( the Red Fox population is down from past years ) and the first year the Woodchucks had young on the property , also a good number of Fawns this year all singles no twins or triplets .Every thing they like to eat.

That's WHY they're there!

You have a good balance in habitat right now, that comes with a slight upswing of prey animals for them to eat.

Enjoy the plentifull times and variety while it lasts.

When your yotes disappear, so will the rest of your furry critters.... or vice versa.

That was an interesting read. Actually very informative.

But...........

There are flaws in that report. Only monitoring certain areas in certain months. Using an algorithm? Sorry, I swear I LMAO at that one. You can use an algorithm to determine how many toys your kid has, or you can count them and get a factual number.

It takes boots on the ground, and people in the woods to see the real effect. Not every area is the same, and it seems people don't grasp that. The same as the DEC getting deer populations wrong and screwing up the bow hunting season. The only way to get facts, is to be there.

If you love them great. If a hunter wants to shoot them, great. At this point in time it's still a choice.

But, I'm done with this debate. The whole thing is like an anti hunter getting in your face after they just ate a steak. It's two bull headed people that will never reach a compromise. I am going to agree to just disagree, and move on. Happy hunting to those that hunt them, and happy photo op to those that enjoy them.

:pleasantry:

It takes boots on the ground, and people in the woods to see the real effect. Not every area is the same, and it seems people don't grasp that.

I am willing to bet that 95% of the hunters and anti hunters have never see the inside of a coyote den.I have seen a few , One is a sight I will never forget , in the area I live there are some pretty steep hills with many large rocky areas and thick growth. One day we stumbled in to an old bears den. big enough to walk into which we did , after seeing coyote's heading to that spot. In side we found body parts , some still with flesh on them and whole fawn deer caucuses and not just 1 or 2 but a pile of them. The area outside had scat with all sorts of hair mixed in . This was before hunting season and the weather was not that bad.

I think they kill a good part of the time just to kill not to kill for survival and this is why I despise them.

Edited by OMG
  • Like 1

I saw a program she did at Roberts Wesleyan College 2years a go. The collard coyotes were tracked with gps and if they spent so much time in one place they would go to that spot to see what they were doing or eating. In the spring when fawns are dropped they would get there and sometimes jump the coyote off the dead fawn. They also checked dens to see what they were eating. So they did a lot of leg work. You can’t track every coyote so they would use info. From hunters, trappers and field work sightings and an algorithm to come up with their numbers. It was a pretty cool program.