Nocturnal Knocks

eagle rider

Anyone use Nocturnals?  I bought a three pack, I know a lot of guys like them.  They are about 7 grs heavier on the butt end of the arrow.  Any changes arrow performance.  My hunting arrow is 400 grs (complete) and I shoot around 290 fps.  With the Nocturnal I would expect them to be about 405 to 410 grs.

The advantages seem great for low light thick cover situations.  

I am using them, I had an issue with the blue ones not working out of the pack but never with green or red. I switched to a 125 grain broadheads to offset the weight and my arrows are hitting bullseyes at 40 yards.( nocturnal, nap thunderhead, victory 350 spine arrow)

• Like 1

Yes I have Been using them for three seasons now, before that I did not use lighted nocks but we're Leary of luminocks. The nocturnals have never failed me and I don't see any difference in arrow flight. they are pretty easy to turn off, and I would say the only downside is you cannot change a battery.

post-471-0-42055900-1440331808_thumb.jpg

Edited by sssurfertim

I've shot both. Never had any issues with the Nocturnals but didn't like how they turned off. Bought Lumenoks and am happy with them. Can replace the batteries in Lumenoks as well so that's a nice feature. I don't think either one clearly outperforms the other, both were bright, didn't change arrow flight, and are similar in price.

• Like 1

I have used them & liked them but if you use the S nocks check out ebay for the afterburn same design as the nocturnals but brighter & cheaper problem is I switched to the Easton axis & have to go back to the nocturnals as the afterburns are only made in the S nock

I bought carbon expresses offering a few years ago. had to exchange one off the bat. My thinking was that their nock would be the best fit for my arrow because they made both. I've never been super happy with them, but they do indeed work. Going to try someone new this year as I just broke a nock this weekend target shooting.