Big Suffolk County buck

Chadro

NO area around here is unhuntable.Lots of people would be surprised where some recent "magazine deer" have REALLY been killed around here-and no I'm not talking out my ass.I know and have seen the facts.

Antlers make people do strange things for praise and glory.

you're 100% correct in that statement.....not every area is legally huntable, but some people have no limit as to what length they will go to kill a big deer.

Just a friendly suggestion: I would not post pics of this deer until he's dead on the ground.One person sees the pic-sends it to his buddy-who then sends it to his buddy-that guy spreads it around-someone recognizes the fence in the pic-gut pile on the neighbors lawn-deer shows up in the taxidermy shop-you are wondering wtf.

I'ts happened around here before-it will happen again.Doesn't matter if it is living in Mrs. Snufallufagus's backyard.If someone wants it-it will disappear.I have seen it first hand. Delete the pics

May be a bit too late.Just saw your pictures on a Facebook page.Once again man-never post pics of a killable deer until you kill him.Words to live by.

I wouldn't be surprised.Genetics,nutrition and zero to very little pressure in some areas around here allow them to grow lots of antler pretty quick.

That buck is not 2.5, hes not a 3.5 either. Forget the rack, look at the body. Belly sag, shoulders and quarters evenly sized, legs look proportionate, bottom of neck connects fairly low on the chest. 4.5 minimum, but Id say 5.5, possibly older. Those pic angles are tricky, but if you look, you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1

That buck is not 2.5, hes not a 3.5 either. Forget the rack, look at the body. Belly sag, shoulders and quarters evenly sized, legs look proportionate, bottom of neck connects fairly low on the chest. 4.5 minimum, but Id say 5.5, possibly older. Those pic angles are tricky, but if you look, you'll see what I mean.

I am looking at the body and the muzzle and the back.I have killed a few deer that were older than 5 according to the local biologist.I have also killed 3 yr olds that had the same attributes and were also aged by the biologist.A buddy shot a 270 lb deer that also looked similar.It was aged at 3.5.They grow quickly around here.Lots of crops for them to fatten up on.

I am looking at the body and the muzzle and the back.I have killed a few deer that were older than 5 according to the local biologist.I have also killed 3 yr olds that had the same attributes and were also aged by the biologist.A buddy shot a 270 lb deer that also looked similar.It was aged at 3.5.They grow quickly around here.Lots of crops for them to fatten up on.

not to mention the big dollar landscaping trees and shrubs.......

not to mention the big dollar landscaping trees and shrubs.......

They love Hosta and other assorted perennials ???? I hunt a property where the woman chases the deer off her flower beds with a broom handle swinging it like a baseball player.Another woman destroyed her lawn by driving after the deer in her Mercedes SUV.Her husband wasn't too happy.She scratched the hell out of it and plowed through a flower bed.

Muzzle doesnt matter, they dont all get a big roman nose. Not sure which pic is showing you the back line good enough to go by. I know what kind of bucks come out of LI, similar to what comes out of this area.

Thanks.I'll be sure to tell my buddy the biologist that he has no clue what he's doing.I'm not gonna let him hunt my spots either ????

• Like 1

I know that fence, only one on L.I. lol LI deer size and age are deceiving. They are much older than they look. When checking in deer at the DEC station I'm always off by about 2 years. My brother shot a doe a couple of years ago that was 8-9 years old. You would of thought 3..Nice deer go get 'em!

• Like 2

If I posted the cam pics of the LI deer I would be banned from the area, funny but true.  LI deer can sometimes have very large antlers but that looks like at least a 3.5 to me and a really nice one!  Good luck with him and be careful about posting a beauty like this until as stated you have him.  O yea he is fenced in so no shooting him inside the fence or we will call you a high or maybe low fence hunter, lol. 

• Like 2

Agreed, most guys have a very hard time aging a deer that still has his "summer body". Once that deer starts to get a little testosterone in him people will swear he's older than 5.5. Definitely a beautiful deer that goes a long way to show what time can do. Genetics and nutrition are great but the #1 factor is age.

• Like 2

I'll clarify a few things. The area isn't really hunt able, I'd be hard pressed to put a stand there due to the houses and other things around that make it a pain to hunt. I seriously doubt that I will be able to get a chance at it, I'd have to convince the landowner first and I know them well enough it probably wouldn't happen.

If someone figures it out from the pics, then good for them. To kill it they would be poaching, and then screw them. This deer has a better chance of getting hit on the roads.

I just posted this picture to admire him. He is truly a beautiful buck, and would be awesome to have him hanging on the wall.