Will deer be scared off by heavy construction?

regulat0r

I bow hunt the wooded property behind my house.... all summer long i have had a ton of deer on trail cam including 2 big 8's i have my eye on. i pulled my cams last week still with plenty of deer pics.  3 days ago, the old farm field next to my property started to get developed. they are cutting in a road, digging wells, and digging drainage basins. needless to say, with all the bulldozers, steam rollers, trucks etc working all day they are making a ton of noise and commotion.  will my deer be scared away from my wooded property or will they not be bothered by all the activity.  i really hope all this new work didnt run my deer out of town.  any thoughts?? 

They probably won't come out in the open during daylight hours with all that commotion going on. But I don't think that they will all just up and leave the woodlot if they are not bothered in there and still feel secure. Keep your cams going and that will give you a good idea of what's going on. Good luck!

i had a similar issue on a small property i hunt last year. It definitley effected their movement ut not by much, they needed to pass through the construction area to get to my property next to their evening food source. They never left the area, just moved after the construction guys left for the day

I'll assume you know what the development is going to end up being? Curious as to what...if that field was a long time bedding/feed source  this is your opportunity to fill the gap on your place...not now it would be too much, but over the next couple of years...if that new development makes available water for them and a green space with landscaping and is closed at night....you could be sitting pretty ...for your place could be their afternoon and morning "holding area"