What Camera are you using.

erussell

I have the possibility of getting a game camera for my birthday and have been doing some research. I would like to spend around $150 , so that it doesn't hurt so much if it gets stolen. I have read a hundred reviews on just about every camera out there in that price range and the only camera that I have read good reviews about are the Primos brand  Game cameras. Stealth and Moultrie had mixed reviews, some people had problems with their camera and some people had problems with the service after the purchase. I personally would like to stay away from stealth. I purchased a stealth 35mm camera back a few yrs ago and never got it to work at all, And Imwas never able to reach customer service either. Does anyone use a Primos and are they as good as the reviews?

Just bought my father one of these for Christmas. My Brother in Law has it and has had very good luck. The trigger speed is a little slower than I like but if you take that into account when setting it.....it works great and the price is great.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=427735&pdesc=Wildgame_Innovations_4_0_MP_Digital_Scouting_Camera_with_Infrared_Flash&aID=503B1A&merchID=4006

I have a few cameras and plan to set one up in Geneseo this Saturday if all goes well . I want to check out a spot where the deer sometimes cross the creek and head for the gulley . I have been thinking of placing a chain-on on a tree where I could go part way down the band , step onto the stand and still be 15-20 feet above where the deer might travel .

I will use one of the IR cameras .

• 2 weeks later...

I have a older stealth...it was junk from day one...and older Moultrie that still takes good pics but the battery life is beyond lousy...a couple of first IRs from moultry that are ok and got this new IR and so far I like it...though we had a hard snow storm and I got ten pics of just night time snowing...it's taken 50 plus pics and still 98% battery....way better than others I have.....

• 2 weeks later...

Just got these off camera today ...it looks to be doing well in cold weather as well...but any movement in night pic or too close to cam day or night are blurred...happy for the money spent over 500 pics and still 85% battery in these temps...Changed cam angle...they are now digging up the HSG Sucraseed mix

I currently have 8 wgi. 2 Ir4's and 6 s1.3 cheapies. A cuddie back that was a gift.And leaf river that went downhill and then crapped the bed. I've got no problem with the cheaper cameras. The biggest benefit is I'm able to cover more area on the larger properties I hunt. Good luck with your selection.