Thoughts on Winter 2010

letinmfly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys  Lighten Up  Its Winter

Yeah, it's winter ...... it's cold and miserable ...... the roads are slippery ...... the days are short ...... It looks ugly out there ..... I might have to get out there and plow and shovel pretty soon ...... That salt coating on my car is not real appealing ..... heating bills keep going up every year .... I can't shoot my bow with all the heavy clothes necessary to survive outdoors .... I don't ski .... I don't skate .... I don't own a snowmobile .... What have I forgot?  :D .

I hate it!!! The only thing worse than winter up here would be the snakes that live down where you don't get winter ..... lol.

Snakes! Well if it was warmer then you could shoot them snakes with your bow! haha I am going to try  indoor shooting this winter just to break up the monotony.

I don't even like pictures of snakes .... lol. No way I would want to be out shooting them ...... Yuck!

Indoor shooting going on in my basement already. 15 yard shot and a very tiny set of bullseyes. One arrow per aiming spot. You can stay pretty sharp with that kind of practice.

Where do you hunt thats a big snake.I would have emptied the gun at that snake,reloaded an emptied again just to be sure.Hate snakes always did always well.

I hunted in Sullivan county in the town of Lumberland.  I've been told that the area holds a lot of Timber Rattlers and that there are two known T.R. snake dens in the area.  Needless to say I'm looking to get some snake boots for this spring.  ;D

I know that you guys up north are getting a pounding with the snow and cold... I grew up in it... but where I am now in Clearwater Florida, we have had maybe 5 nice days in the last 2 months. Most days have been lows from the 40s to the 30's and highs maybe to 65. More than once I have had to wake up to scrapping ice off of my car. You 65 is beautiful weather to most but when you spend 10 months of the year in 95F and 99% humidity, 65 is cold.

As of 7:45 it is 38f here..

This winter has be absolutely miserable.

And just think .... in less then 2 months, I'll have to adjust to the snow and ice there....