Thoughts on Winter 2010

letinmfly

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not going to brag about how little snow we've had this year, or make a big thing about the fact that I have not yet had to plow the driveway even once. But so far, this is one of the better winters that I have ever had. There are heavy snowfall totals all around me but up to this point, the lake effect snow plumes from both Ontario and Erie have missed me.

I hope I haven't jinxed myself now ???

Doc

I'm with ya Doc. We're getting spared the snowfall totals we're used to seeing around here while everyone else around us gets nailed.

Now I just know what comes around goes around. Sure we'll see our share before all's said and done, but I'm enjoying this as long as it lasts. 8) 

Well, I'm not going to brag about how little snow we've had this year, or make a big thing about the fact that I have not yet had to plow the driveway even once. But so far, this is one of the better winters that I have ever had. There are heavy snowfall totals all around me but up to this point, the lake effect snow plumes from both Ontario and Erie have missed me.

I hope I haven't jinxed myself now ???

Doc

Its been about the same over at my place, I think we have had a bit more, the driveway got plowed twice, but I think the guy was just bored.

Thats about the same way I feel about winter!!  ;D  If my wife would move, I'd be out of here so fast! I HATE snow!!! I commute over 100 miles each weekday and snow makes the drive suck much more!!

I hear you on the commute, I too have a 100 mile round trip each day. Today I am leaving early because of snow, can't wait to creep home.  ::)  Some how the forcast changed from 1-3 inches to 6-14 at my house in two days??? I am used to it there, we are far enough north to see snow most times when others do not in my own area.

I can deal with the snow... but the thing i hate the most is leaving in the dark to go to work and coming home when its dark...if the daylight lasted longer it wouldn't be so bad at least i might be able to slip a sm. game hunt in!  ;D

I can deal with the snow... but the thing i hate the most is leaving in the dark to go to work and coming home when its dark...if the daylight lasted longer it wouldn't be so bad at least i might be able to slip a sm. game hunt in!  ;D

The winter usually gets me down, but last yr I got out dog or coon hunting at night a few times and really enjoyed it.  Being away from the city, on a clear, cold, still night, sky full of stars, and a ground cover of snow, its a real different experience that I found some beauty in.  Nice to be able to get out after sunset after the deer season frustration of sunset coming so early.