Thoughts on Winter 2010

letinmfly

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for my dog, he doesn't run so good in two feet of snow, haha. I snowblow a spot in the yard for him but we can't get out hunting so good anymore.

Snow shoes are great by the way, my wife and son also have them so we can get out to get some air and exercise. I haven't had to use them for hunting yet but beleive me I would if need be.

On LI we have no place to put any more snow! Getting 4-6 inces of snow tomorrow and a 1/2 inch of ice. This one is going to be real bad. I take the LIRR into Manhattan and it has sucked this year. Once that third rail ices up your screwed. Spent 5 hrs stranded one day because of this. Wednesday will be a WFH day.

Well, I'm not going to brag about how little snow we've had this year, or make a big thing about the fact that I have not yet had to plow the driveway even once. But so far, this is one of the better winters that I have ever had. There are heavy snowfall totals all around me but up to this point, the lake effect snow plumes from both Ontario and Erie have missed me.

I hope I haven't jinxed myself now ???

Doc

Yup ..... I knew I would screw everything up. Ever since I posted the above message, we have been plagued with one storm after another. It seems like I am living on the back of my ATV, trying to keep ahead of the snow build-up. Now I'm starting to get into the situation of no place to put the darn stuff. Coming into the new year, we had the best winter going that we have had in years until I went and messed it up by bragging.