LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Good luck everyone..... Been in my stand about 60min.... Sweated my ass Off getting here. Wind is good right now....

Maybe I'll get a doe today... Be my first time getting a deer since 05 I think.

Am I the only one who has every alien movie he ever saw Pop into their head when walking into your stand in the dark? I hate it.....lol

• Like 3

Good luck everyone..... Been in my stand about 60min.... Sweated my ass Off getting here. Wind is good right now....

Maybe I'll get a doe today... Be my first time getting a deer since 05 I think.

Am I the only one who has every alien movie he ever saw Pop into their head when walking into your stand in the dark? I hate it.....lol

watch the walking dead, that will fix that for you
  • Like 3

First off its almost 9:30...just got back I went to closer place...and lets just say the walk in wasn't quiet this morning...and I just had to leave at 8:50....the chipmunks dang near drove me out of my mind..I know a beautiful morning but between them and the oak leafs falling ...Holy cow if I was a drinker I'd half way through a bottle by now.popped over to garden stand area to pull cam... and well THANK YOU ##$$@@$@$ DEC....

Got to run still have hunting clothes on...Hope he's around tomorrow.....

PS...... had a cold windy sit last night and just as I'm head to the car ...dark..... out come 5 doe...nice!...lol

someones bull got out & went right under your stand

Edited by gfdeputy2
  • Like 1

I'm in already...dang It was COLD out there and still is whopping 43 with the sun shining now..... upper 30's when I went out...So actually a great morning so far got to the stand spooked nothing...did hear some walking around on ridge below me...forgot gloves and grunt tube in the car...Thats OK hey just a 5 min walk from the house not a 15min drive then a walk....saw no deer at first but before light heard the ticking and shoving of 2 buck 200ft away along the ridge... the wind was great for what I thought the buck was doing... not so much...for he showed up...36 mins later then in the pic..up wind from me but he came in from the East and not my SW as I thought he would.

That meant he was coming out of a bedding area to my East...the wind was blowing west to east...When he came out of the woods instead of feeding or walking my way he went WSW...I believe he my have been down wind of me in that bedding area.,, I thought he was coming from the hay and corn fields...which is the direction he was headed...Hey that is OK....now I know...Best winds for that stand coming from the SSE...and there are 3 buck in that general area. :yes:

So that stand is good at 2 times later afternoon and very early morning...for once the sun rises above the tree line your lit up like a politian on election night and totally blind......coffeem warm up a bit and back out..rained most of the night and more due at 4 so they should be feeding mid day...pressure drop starts about then... ;)

Edited by growalot