LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Well I got one boot full of water only to get to the stand I planned on hunting and realized it was stolen..... Made my way to a stand close by that's really meant for gun hopefully I can't outlast my frozen foot and get lucky.... What a crapy morning doubt I will see anything with the racket and swearing I was making

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Congrats to all especially the youth...

Last night I went to another good spot but not a "buck" stand...I should have gone to the blind  but I was just so nice and I am really checking travel routes at this point. So the front plot must have been filledbecause our road was crazy busy with cars and even a tractor that drove up past the field then turned around and drove back doen the hill...next thing I know two doe and a big body buck run straight up the middle of the woods to my left :rolleyes: ....I thought well thats it...but as I stood to leave 30 mins later,bow on the ground ..... a fawn runs under me. I decided to wait and see if any thing is behind it. 5min. later one of the biggest doe on the property walks past broadside at 40 yrds with a small fawn in tow and a 21/2 basket 8pt on her heels. she never slowed down and headed straight up the hill ...I found a new obscure trail thye are using...just out of range of the stands, but runs right past the big ground blind......All told a great night...but will definately have to store up some urea and hit that front boarder behind the pines this coming spring...corn will be going back in again.

store up some urea and hit that front boarder behind the pines this coming spring

Haha just realized that sentence probably put me on some watch list... :cheese:

It's been really active this morning,watched 3 doe eat in front of my stand had 2 doe kamikaze down the hill right past my stand and then an unknown deer trot off with its tr ail straight up after they took off running. Also a few single doe go by in the distance.

Guess you could put this in the mistakes department. Got 3 hours of sleep, check the high temps, dressed appropriately, and made it to my spot before sunrise. Realized, I never checked the lows. Freezing my butt off. Now back in the car warming up waiting for temps to rise.

• Like 1

The Universe has spoken.

I approached my stand late, at 8am this morning only to jump two deer munching on the oaks around my new set-up. Their body shape suggested Bucks but I couldn't see the front ends. Experience has taught me that the best strategy after such a start is to turn around, put the coffee back on and give yourself and the woods a break. No more for me today. Two hard days of hunting coming up tomorrow anyhow...

Edited by Papist

Guess you could put this in the mistakes department. Got 3 hours of sleep, check the high temps, dressed appropriately, and made it to my spot before sunrise. Realized, I never checked the lows. Freezing my butt off. Now back in the car warming up waiting for temps to rise.

i don't even have "early season" gear anymore, I just put on everything. If I have a long walk or am climbing I'll carry in layers. Even when it's 45-50 I get cold. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a wuss

had a great time this morning. saw a couple does on my way in, didnt spook. then watched 2 small does chase each other for about 5 minutes..sounded like a stampede around me, was pretty funny to watch...3 does came out about 110 yds out....came in for some coffee and a bathroom break....hopefully pics to follow this afternoon...happy sunday 

• Like 1

Fiancé just made me proud she was cold this am and we went in early it was her first hunt, me and my buddy are in our stands right now because she decided not to hunt this afternoon, she just sent us a text that said she is heading to the blind by her self!

• Like 4

Fiancé just made me proud she was cold this am and we went in early it was her first hunt, me and my buddy are in our stands right now because she decided not to hunt this afternoon, she just sent us a text that said she is heading to the blind by her self!

Atta girl!!!