LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

First time out after the antler restriction and a beautiful morning in 9F. Perfect wind direction. Fingers crossed!

All misspellings courtesy of iPhone

I think that's the first time I've heard then called ARs and its funny because that's exactly what they are. All it did was put less license buyers in the woods.

Bring a first year hunter out hoping to see him take his first deer. Set him up in our best stand for deer sightings. I sit a new stand about 70yds away downwind of him to ensure I don't mess it up for him.

Don't I have all heck break loose with 2 bucks squaring off and chasing a doe with 2 fawn all around my stand for 1/2 an hour. Phade sits 150yds away sees six doe and the new hunter doesn't see a thing. Ugghhh. Frustrating but I guess that is hunting. The one buck was a decent 2.5yr old. It would have been a great first buck for the new hunter.

Maybe tomorrow morning. 2 sits now for the new guy and he is the only one not seeing deer. Not doing well trying to guess the best stand for him so far. Perhaps it's throw a dart time.

Make sure he knows he needs to sit still and not wash his hair with head and shoulders :)

• Like 1

Thinking about trying something a little different, we have tons of trail cam pics from a fence post where a 30 acre grass lawn meets a 40 acer over grown hay field, I'm thinking of sitting against the post and kind of brushing my self in.... Haven't had much luck in the woods so it can't hurt

It is COLD out there 27 degrees with a high of 39 today...light winds though TG....last nights sit was a no show for allbut the lonely hen and her poult.

I have been hitting different stand areas this weekend to check movementsI'll hit another this morning...Can hardly wait to hit these trails with the backpack blower......this cold weather and the winds have really knocked the leafs down..along with many many branches and a few smal trees...extreme cold wear comes out this morning...having the bow on the ground when those doe came through yesterday wasn't fun...

PS... Belo not afraid of the dark...just reading my book while waiting for the storm to let up...why waste time sitting idol in the dark when I'm not expecting to do anything but go home....the difference between sitting in the dark on stand in the mornings...I'm listening and anticipating hunting. ;)

29° as I head down canadaigua east lake rd to middlesex .. guess we will see how long I can sit in this cold...I'm guessing 2.5 -3 hours Maxx if he'd warmers help... today's the day we flood the post with pics of deer good luck guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Bout to head out behind the house for the first time. We live in the village but there's a 16 acres lot out back that has the village town line running through it. I set up a stand 3 weeks ago on a run boardering a swamp that goes from a hayfield to super thick cover. Pretty excited.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk