LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Been back on stand for about an hour now set up a new stand today on a travel corridor we know the big 9 is using, steep ridge 80 yards to my left thick swamp 80 yards to my right field 100 yards in grin of me and 3 huge rubs 20 yards ahead on the trail post-762-14451124001292_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Been back on stand for about an hour now set up a new stand today on a travel corridor we know the big 9 is using, steep ridge 80 yards to my left thick swamp 80 yards to my right field 100 yards in grin of me and 3 huge rubs 20 yards ahead on the trail attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1445112397.978785.jpg

Looks like it's a continued using rub. Used more then once over the years! Good luck stick a biggin!

Mind you I'm looking at pic on my phone. Doesn't look like that is this years rub. Is /was there wood shavings of bark on the ground ?

. Yes there are shavings on the ground and there is another tree 10 yards from that too shavings hanging all off it and on the ground around it too
  • Like 3

Well this is odd. Headed out for the evening sit get to the abanded hay field edge go to were I always sit and there's a dead and extremely bad smelling raccoon! However that's not the odd part. The odd thing is the raccoon appers to have been dead for at least a week, but I sat in that spot just two days ago..

yotes ? maybe they left it there.

• Like 1

Oh so glad I decided to check out the new blind!. Well until I finally had to step out in the mini hurrican we were having... Saw a fawn early and then right as things started going side ways out steps 2 fawn and 4 big doe...they read the script and started around the end of the fence just past the blind and 17 yards out...I grabbed my bow and stood for the shot when.....a gust of wind blew them up the laneway in the opposite direction...I kid you not! You could see their tails fly up and their fur ripple forward. Then the sky opened up...

I know I heard old Ma nature laugh as she nudge God and pointed down towards me...Ha! even I had to shake my head and laugh...who cares! the blind is GREAT!most windows up and the storm flaps brought down it was just as snug as can be...had my LED lantern on no problem.... ;)

You afraid of the dark growie?

• Like 1