Last minute prep

chiefbkt

What do you need or need to do before your first hunt? Hang a stand? Shoot your bow? Buy something? Etc, etc. I washed all my camo last week and realized I ran out of scent neutralizer. So I stopped by bass pro yesterday and they were literally cleaned out! I usually buy the gallon jug and refill my bottles, fortunately for me they had 1 jug of the brand I use left. Their archery supplies were nearly gone, as expected. Hopefully whatever it is you need to do, you get it done.

Chiefbkt

Buy a new Thermos.....Can't seem to find mine and I enjoy having some coffee while posted.....One of the few pleasures I choose not to do without.

I want one of those soup thermos this year. Thinking that some nice hot homemade soup, will keep me out a little longer on a cold, damp November day.

• Like 1

Some of the Walmarts had soup thermos on sale, the good Thermos brand, that come with a foldable spoon in it. I *think* I can use it for coffee too. Sometimes they don't work as well as planned, but I'm going to try it this year for all day sits.

• Like 1

Some of the Walmarts had soup thermos on sale, the good Thermos brand, that come with a foldable spoon in it. I *think* I can use it for coffee too. Sometimes they don't work as well as planned, but I'm going to try it this year for all day sits.

Bought one this year too! Had one last year but without the spoon , same make and worked great for coffee and soup... If I get an early doe , some venison chilli on stand in November !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tested broad heads again today, looks good.  Have to spray clothes tomorrow.  Weather might put a dampener on things with possible hurricane winds see what happens.  Suppose to go Saturday on a doe killing spree.  See what mother nature brings and if the boys want to risk being up in a tree.  High winds or lightning will definitely end it. 

Don't forget the "little things" that need to be replaced each year. Here are a few: new batteries in your flashlight, changing your backtag from last year's, carrying your new tags with you, making sure you have a pen that will write to fill out your tags, carrying a pair of gutting gloves, string to tie on your tags, checking batteries in your rangefinder and GPS, sharpening your knife, carrying survey tape to mark blood trails, spare set of keys for your vehicle, etc. And don't forget that "you never know when you're gonna need it" paper that comes in rolls. Have a safe and productive season everyone.

Decide whether to take the recurve or the compound.  Still never got one with the recurve but the wet weather has me nervous about getting my traditional feathers wet and not being able to shoot out of a ground if I am forced to hunt out of one because of the weather.

Maybe take both and switch it up.

• 4 weeks later...

They're like $10-15 at Walmart right now. Pretty cheap, and a spoon too!

I have this thermos and I love it. Nothing like a hot beverage or soup on a cold hunt. I replaced the metal spoon that came with it though, it made too much noise. A plastic (sorry autocorrect) spoon is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tinman313