Rage broadheads turned me into a believer today

Hock3y24

My issue with the rage (and probably most mechanicals), has been the delicate handling needed. I accidentally must have touched the point against something one morning while sitting in my stand in the dark. After the sun came up I noticed that one of the blades had slipped out of the collar. Barely noticeable if didn't take a closer look. I don't know if this would've affected deployment had I taken a shot with it, but lucky for me i saw absolutely zilch that morning.  

No doubt that rage broad heads produce massive wound channels,  but I hate the fact that you need those small rubber bands to lock the blades in.

NAP killzones are a much better head IMO.  They click into place and create the exact same wound.  I also feel that rage is not made as well as the NAP Killzone, but that is just my opinion

I currently switched over to fixed broadheads only because you get more knock down power and will never fail to open. Hopefully this weekend i can send a pic of the damage a GrizzlyStik Massai broad head can do.

Archery tackle with a broadhead does not kill through "knockdown power", it kills through cutting and blood loss. The only time I have knocked a deer of of its feet with a bow is when Ive spined them, and that was not intentional.

• Like 1

My issue with the rage (and probably most mechanicals), has been the delicate handling needed. I accidentally must have touched the point against something one morning while sitting in my stand in the dark. After the sun came up I noticed that one of the blades had slipped out of the collar. Barely noticeable if didn't take a closer look. I don't know if this would've affected deployment had I taken a shot with it, but lucky for me i saw absolutely zilch that morning.  

The Rages that I have (this years model) cant slip out of the collar if they are installed on the arrow correctly. No need for delicate handling.

• Like 2

Not what I shoot but a muzzy is a great broadhead..

So I would like to see someone that liked that comment to make a video showing your bow shooting a muzzy fixed broahead the same as a feild point.

Thats the only way i'd believe it. My bow hits the shop every year and im sure it's well tuned and dam near brand new and it will not place a muzzy fixed near a Rage or feild point.

• Like 1

So I would like to see someone that liked that comment to make a video showing your bow shooting a muzzy fixed broahead the same as a feild point.

Thats the only way i'd believe it. My bow hits the shop every year and im sure it's well tuned and dam near brand new and it will not place a muzzy fixed near a Rage or feild point.

You need to educate yourself on bow tuning or find a new bow shop. Hang a piece of news paper shoot it at 10 feet and again at 20 feet and I guarantee it is not a clean tear.

Edited by Buckmaster7600
  • Like 3

You need to educate yourself on bow tuning or find a new bow shop. Hang a piece of news paper shoot it at 10 feet and again at 20 feet and I guarantee it is not a clean tear.

Matter a fact I don't lol. I shoot a rage and a feild tip and they hit perfect everytime. Can't fix something that isn't broke.

I have NEVER missed or not recovered a deer yet and have shot a fair amount.

If it works so perfect make a 30 second video it will take a lot less time than going back and forth.

Seeing is believing brotha

Matter a fact I don't lol. I shoot a rage and a feild tip and they hit perfect everytime. Can't fix something that isn't broke.

If it works so perfect make a 30 second video it will take a lot less time than going back and forth.

Have one to send me. I'll tape it.

Never shot Muzzys before.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

One thing you and many others are missing with shooting bows that are out of tune is the fact that you are loosing a lot of KE when your arrow strikes a target and your nock is not directly behind the tip the arrow will whip "nock go to one side." May not seem like a big deal until you need it. Edited by Buckmaster7600
  • Like 1

One thing you and many others are missing with shooting bows that are out of tune is the fact that you are loosing a lot of KE when your arrow strikes a target and your nock is not directly behind the tip the arrow will whip "nock go to one side." May not seem like a big deal until you need it.

Absolutely. I shoot mechanicals because I like the large cutting surface, but I make sure they hit with field tips and Montecs so I know I'm tuned and flight is perfect, getting the most KE I can

Love the rage.. My buddy shoots the original 2 blade... one year he had shot at a doe as he released she stepped and turned back at the same time quick... long story short... one of the blades from the rage sliced a good cash across her "cheek" left a very good blood trail and she was dead in 150 yards.. he wasnt aware of the shot placement until he got to her... 

whether its luck, or the broad head or both.. rage hasn't let any of us down yet

i picked up the hypodermics this year. love them buried it into bone and the tip is still super sharp along with the blades. 

The Rages that I have (this years model) cant slip out of the collar if they are installed on the arrow correctly. No need for delicate handling.

Good to know. I just looked it up on their website and I see that they have improved the collars. I'm guessing I shouldn't have a problem size wise swapping out my old collars with the new ones. 

• Like 1

You can use the crossbow heads with your regular bow.

I'm set with Slick Tricks for that...have no intention of changing. The move to mechanical broadheads poses the dilemma. The crossbow will come out the two days before regular season if I don't tag one with my compound...so don't want to break the bank dicking around with different heads.

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1