Hypodermic broadheads

mfries71

Everyone loves and preaches mechanical broadheads. I started using thunderhead 125s when I was in 6th grade(1991). Only change I've ever made is now I use Thunderhead 100s. Never had an issue. If anything didn't go well it was due to my error i.e. misplaced shot. Every time I've hit my mark, they've done their job.

I think someone posted, last year, that they got a bad pack of Rage broad heads. They fell apart or were bad right out of the pack.  A few years back I had a brand new Rocky fixed  blade fall apart in a block target. I guess you get bad ones now and then, but I can't blame you for not using them again.

I didn't hit the shoulder. I went right into the lungs. It should have passed right through the deer. Just through the ribs. When I butchered the deer I found the tip of the broadhead in the opposite ribs. I'm going to try the grim reaper for the rest of this year and next year go to a fixed blade.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I didn't hit the shoulder. I went right into the lungs. It should have passed right through the deer. Just through the ribs. When I butchered the deer I found the tip of the broadhead in the opposite ribs. I'm going to try the grim reaper for the rest of this year and next year go to a fixed blade.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I switched from grim reaper. To rage due to lack of penetration..

Grim reaper are tough but not as sharp and with that extra blade push through hard..IMHO.. I am shooting a fairly quick bow and I rarely passed through with gr I have had a pass through with 90% of my rage hits even the one shot through shoulder blades..

Maybe. I guess anything can happen any given day... Up to this year I was using the rage extreme2.3" and like I said even the ones I hit in the shoulder usually blasted through..broadheads were pretty much always junk afterwards..Only 1 deer with the hyp...so far and I bent the blades butwith new blades it is as good as new.. I killed quite a few deer withe grim reaper , I just switched because I figured it was just a matter of time until the lack of pass through cost me a deer...of course all this is just one hunters pinion from a tree stand....good luck..

With any mechanical broad head, there is a chance of some type of failure. I have shot 5 deer with the rage and they worked flawlessly but last week I shot a deer broadside right behind leg and I got only a couple inches of penetration. I only got one lung and i'm pretty sure I saw the deer again yesterday so its alive and doing alright but too bad it was the only deer I decided to shoot at this season so far. Ill still be shooting the rage because they are great heads but it did raise doubts for a few days. 

I have shot rage 2 blades for 6 years now. knock on wood, not one has let me down. 

Switched to the hypodermics this year, shot 2 deer, both with the the hypodermic head

1st one accidentally went deep into the spine, after working it out it came out all in tact and in working condition, just a little dulling on the blades, but the tip still super sharp.

2nd deer of season, zipped through the deer and buried into the dirt. still razor sharp and in tact. 

I'm impressed so far, with the original 2 blades and these hypodermics.. especially the tip on the hypodermics!!

I've used rage broadheads the past 3 years and have had great luck with them. I did lose a nice 8 point last year though but I hit it high and I did get a pass through...I misjudged the distance and hit it in the magical "no man's land". I couldn't believe I lost him honestly. This was with the standard Rage broadheads.

This year I shot a 6 point with the hypodermic and hit him back in the liver and he only went 40 yards. Broadhead intact and in working condition, no issues.

I think someone posted, last year, that they got a bad pack of Rage broad heads. They fell apart or were bad right out of the pack.  A few years back I had a brand new Rocky fixed  blade fall apart in a block target. I guess you get bad ones now and then, but I can't blame you for not using them again.

there were knock off "rage broadheads" being sold on ebay......from what I hear they were crap, but I guess the price tag sold a few people on them

The knockoffs work great. Both does were taken with them. I'll most likely be hunting with them next year too.

like I said, no experience...just going off what I read. I actually used Rage for the first time this year and was impressed...but like anything else, people LOVE em until something goes wrong and they need to blame something other then themselves