Seneca County 10 point

HectorBuckBuster

Go my buck today after 2 hours of army crawling for 400 yards yards across a open field.. I got a call saying there was a buck standing feeding in the middle of my farm. I left It was a 15 minute drive. My step dad was like he bedding down out there in a little spot of golden rod.So scanned and could not see him. It was a north wind, so I went to the south end of the field and started to army crawl the hay field. Made it about 200 yards in a hour or so. Still have not seen him. My phone rings saying he is standing I am told. So I finally see him standing and mowing around eating, then lays down.So I crawl another 100 yards, and finally see him laying and he has 2 does with him. So I slowly crawl another 100 yards, and now I am about 100 yards or so. He is just laying looking at Route 89.I watched him for about 30 more minutes and he never got up, then a doe stands up eats some and lays back down.So I finally think I good shot at about 90 yards and shoot, hit just to the right of him, he stands up and 2 doe start running south toward me, I hit him with my next shot right through the lungs and he dropped about 80 yards after that. He was laying 150 yards of route 89 in the middle of a open field with 2 doe's. Got checked by the DEC, as he seen me crouching out in the field well I was watching this buck waiting for a shot.

post-451-0-35668200-1448331467_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Yes we just got rifle's this year. I had him in the scope standing up at 200 yards problem was neighbors barns and a distillery where in the distant background. Problem was his location. There was only one direction that I could shoot. Any other way there are either barns or houses, or a main road in the back ground. So I just had to work my way to be able to get a shot.Plus I could not see him all the time laying in the golden rod, with the wind. blowing the golden rod around. This stalk was awesome and one of my best enjoyment hunts every, except taking my daughter getting her first turkey. It takes skill and patience to sneak up on a deer.

• Like 4