Beer

Dom

Just tried the Vanilla Porter. Interesting beer. Had a slight caramel taste at first and then a slight coffee flavor and finally a hint of Vanilla. Almost tasted flat. I would like to try another brand before I form a love it or hate it opinion. It wasn't awful but it wasn't great. I'll look for the one you suggested TF. Thanks for the advice.

Try Breckenridge vanilla porter

• Like 1

So let's hear a review if you don't mind. I may crack one more this evening and need help deciding.

Sorry for the delay.  The dark penance was very hoppy.  More straight up hop flavor than I'm used to in an black ipa and I think that's why I liked it so much.  The dirty bastard is a solid beer but I preferred the dark penance.  I was slightly surprised by the dark penance.  Didn't think it would be so good by looking at the bottle.

• Like 1

I would typically call this my Strong one a day IPA however this batch came out different.  I think I carmelized it a bit while brewing which made it come out more like bitter candy that makes you happy.  If that makes any sense to ya.  It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand straight because my senses get overwhelmed and don't know what to do I think.  Anyone who's tried this batch says something similar.

• Like 2

Cracked open the Dark Penance tonight. Poured it a little hard but let it sit for a few minutes. Wow is this not what I expected. I like the regular IPA's much better. This has a lingering aftertaste that to me is unpleasant. I finished it but this is not for me. As Rock said, it is over the top hoppy.

post-287-0-26148300-1456190297_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Touchdown ! My connection was able to hook me up.

4 pack of Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout : aged in bourbon barrels w/ coffee 11.3%

2014 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout 13.8%

2014 GI BCS coffee 13.5%

2014 GI BCS Barleywine aged in bourbon barrels 12.3%

2015 GI BCS 13.7%

2 Avery Tweak stout w/coffee 17.5%

Some of the best beer you could lay your hands on. Unicorns to obtain.

post-4567-0-69623200-1456234931_thumb.jp

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 3

TF - any concern with expiring beer? The local shop rite near me has an amazing microbrew selection but many times when checking dates I'm finding they are 3-4 months old already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stouts , Belgian quads , and Barleywine are awesome to cellar. IPA 's need to be drank fresh though ( inside 2 months tops )
  • Like 1

Anyone know where to get and Breakfast and Lunch!? I have someone looking for it for a trade ..they have some Russian River and three Floyd's to trade.

are you referring to Maine Lunch ? Not sure about the breakfast part out of maybe Breakfast Weasel or Founders Breakfast Stout. Maine Lunch is tough to come by and completely overrated IMO. I've passed it up the last few times. Maine Another One a better IPA IMO. Which RR they sending you ? Pliny ? Their sours very good too if you like sours.