Beer

Dom

TF - any concern with expiring beer? The local shop rite near me has an amazing microbrew selection but many times when checking dates I'm finding they are 3-4 months old already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although not directed to me I must point out that some ipa's cellar real well.  After all they were created to last long trips at sea and be fresh when they arrived.  Lately the ipa's that are being produced are being marketed to drink fresh.  I store some of them just to do it.  I have a lot of enjoy by's from stone that are past expiration just to see what happens to them a year or 3 later.  Lots of hops and high alc volume can = ability to age.  There are many other factor to consider like the sanitation practices and how the brewery carbonates.  I at home am drinking ipa's from last spring that I made with lots and LOTS of hops that are even better now than they were this last summer.  This is just from my experience.

To answer the question... at 3-4 months probably no big deal for most beers.  Some beers that have seen a lot of light can skunk.  Especially beers not in brown bottles.  Ever had a Corona that had been in the sun and heat for a week or so.  Really not pleasant even with a lime.

• Like 1