Beer

Dom

Stopped at ShopRite in Croton on Hudson today because they have a solid craft beer selection. Was planning on Oskar Blues or Left Hand, but decided against both. Decided against six point, lagunitas, Sierra summer camp, souther tier, and the many many other choices. Not sure why, but I got the urge to buy this! Haven't had it in years. I think because I really wanted the Yonkers Irish Red But couldn't find it.

post-871-14565420652769_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Stopped at ShopRite in Croton on Hudson today because they have a solid craft beer selection. Was planning on Oskar Blues or Left Hand, but decided against both. Decided against six point, lagunitas, Sierra summer camp, souther tier, and the many many other choices. Not sure why, but I got the urge to buy this! Haven't had it in years. I think because I really wanted the Yonkers Irish Red But couldn't find it.

Killians had a special place in my heart.  It was a regular when I first started liking beer.  Haven't had it in years.  

Funny side note: One time I forgot about a case of killians in my cold dark basement.  It was there maybe 2 years.  Found it one day under the dust and decided to try it.  It was the best killians I ever had.  It changed so much but somehow seemed to get better.  It's kinda what got me to start aging beers that your "not suppose to age".  I've created some doozers but sometimes get a pleasant surprise. 

• Like 1

What would be a good beer to serve with/at brunch?

I would think something like Left Hand Juju ( ginger notes) , Ballast Point grapefruit or pineapple Sculpin would pare nicely. Each have a little fruity taste. Maybe Westbrook or Anderson Valley gose as well. With the gose it's a light sea salt sour style that I think may go nicely with brunch meats served. I'd stay away from heavy stouts. And please nobody say that Clamato version of Bud.

I would think something like Left Hand Juju ( ginger notes) , Ballast Point grapefruit or pineapple Sculpin would pare nicely. Each have a little fruity taste. Maybe Westbrook or Anderson Valley gose as well. With the gose it's a light sea salt sour style that I think may go nicely with brunch meats served. I'd stay away from heavy stouts. And please nobody say that Clamato version of Bud.

Heck no if I were to offer/serve a tomato based drink it would be a bloody merry/Vodka and tomato juice with plenty of horseradish and celery.I am a Bud fan but clamato is nasty

• Like 2

What kind of beer/ale do you prefer for cooking?I was going to try and make some beer bread and not sure what tastes better or works better for baking.I drink Budweiser is this ok or should I get some IPA's to cook with

I use labatt blue to steam my clams on the grill.  It's the only reason I have labatts in the house though. Hot vat of beer to cook clams in is the best way I know how to cook them.  We call them drunken clams. 

Just thought I'd get back to the original question asked.