All Gone

Fehyd643

I'm an extra large top, and large bottom.  I still have all of my good/warm weather bow hunting gear. Clothing wise, I lost all my cold weather and rain stuff, portable pop-up, stool, boots, gloves/hats, vest and balaclava. Basicaly 2 rubbermade bins worth of clothes, and a fully stocked hunting backpack.  I am pretty sure my thermals and stuff are in the house, but due to my bad lungs and the smoke damage in the house, I really don't know.

I'm working my itemized list for insurance, and just found out that my auto insurance will definitely not cover the items inside the auto.  Still unsure if homeowners will cover it, but as far as I know so far we are way over the max allowed coverage anyway.  I had no idea how much stuff I had accumulated.  All contents of my garage (2 story, 2 car converted hay barn), All contents of the truck (hunting gear) and all contents of my boat. (2 peoples worth of gear/tackle, fishfinders, boat stuff, etc...) 

A friend of mine started a funding thing online, but I have no idea how that works. I just keep reminding myself how much worse it could have been.  As I am itemizing, I realized that I had two full magazines for my Ruger in my backpack. I never store or transport ammo with my firearm.  That's 8 rounds of .308 that cooked off during the fire!  It could have been soooo much worse.

https://www.facebook.com/Fehyd/media_set?set=a.10101539039274995.24417472&type=3

Man sorry to hear that but be glad all are safe...I watched my grandmother's house and bed and breakfast business burn to the ground few years back in cohocton ny and all I could remember is the countless hours my family spent rebuilding that 1900s Victorian house and filling it with priceless antiques from my family and the original builder of the houses antiques. It's stuff but she walked away and is doing good now...things happen for a reason and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger...hang in there and keep us all posted on rebuilding supplies and garage. Prayers with you and yours

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Phade;

If they all still live there, tell them to drive by West miller street with the windows down.  You can still smell it from a couple blocks away lol! We live right in the middle of town, just a couple blocks from wegmans.

I was planning on hunting, but most of my gear is ashes.  I was supposed to go out today for an all day sit, which was why everything but my gun was loaded up into the truck. That actually includes my tags and DMP's.  Unfortunately, I still have the full set as I didn't have any luck this season.  I passed a couple shooter doe during bow thinking I could get that decent buck that might be following.  None were.  Then gun season was just wierd. Never saw a single deer in 6-7 sits. Oh well.  That just means next year I will drop 4-5 of those beautiful brown freezer fillers!

I realized that I had two full magazines for my Ruger in my backpack. I never store or transport ammo with my firearm.  That's 8 rounds of .308 that cooked off during the fire!  It could have been soooo much worse.

Ammo isn't really lethal when it's not chambered.  Essentially it was two magazines worth of firecrackers that went off.

• Like 1

I just found out that the funding page is https://www.gofundme.com/ocampofamily

Not sure how that all works, but since it was asked for, I will link it here.  I'm uncomfortable even posting this, but there comes a point where pride just gets in the way of my family's well being.  If you can, please share it on FB 

Edited by Fehyd643

Glad to see you reposted this here, that "love hate post" wasn't getting much traction .

Btw on that post I contributed and challeged all my fellow hunters to step up, glad to see they are .

Good luck in moving forward .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

You all really do have my gratitude.  Update for those who are interested: We may have secured a sub-leased apartment for a couple months, so we hopefully can get out of this hotel.  We met with the adjusters and the advocates today, and it looks like our house is definitely out of commission for at least 6 months.  Most items inside are able to be cleaned with the exception of anything fabric (beds, couches, carpet...etc).  Insurance looks like it is covering everything house-wise, which is fantastic.

Still working with Geico regarding the boat, car and truck.  Definitely going to take big hits on those, but we'll manage.  Ins. gave us an advance on living expenses today, so that covered most of our lost work and some of the food/cost of living expenses.  We are keeping positive attitudes, and making the best of things.

I give some credit for our mental well being to people like you guys.  Your comments and support really do mean a lot to us.  So, for me and my wife, Thank You.

Joshua

• Like 1

Nice to hear things are progressing . Been in a couple hundred fires, saw a lot of death made a couple saves . But we leave go back to the firehouse clean tools take a shower and go to bed and wait for the next one, while folks like yourself are left to try to move forward .

Something I need to focus more on.

Kind of makes this whole " bad deer season" seem silly doesn't it ........

Keep,the faith brother !

• Like 3