8:45am and they're still in bed!!

Lawdwaz

Times are changing!  In past years it'd be all over LONG before this.  All the gifts would be opened and trash would be knee deep in the family room.  Now it's just me and the pooch, listening to xmas music on satellite  radio.  I came down at 6:30; took my meds, fed the dog (after I kicked her butt OFF the couch!), took a walk around the block, made coffee and just finished reading the morning paper.

As I walked the neighborhood I didn't see much sign of early risers either.  When I was a kid, oh boy were we up early!

I don't hear any stirring upstairs.......maybe it's time to start making pancakes, that'll wake 'em!

Last night our daughter was out late with her boyfriend; dinner with his parents then exchanging gifts.  Son was just hanging out and the wife was wupped from all the build up and holiday stress that takes much of the joy out of it for her.  I wrapped a few presents after doing the dinner dishes, then headed to the cellar to continue the post hunting season re-organization and inventory. 

Who has the young kids?  Post up some pics if you're so inclined, I miss those days. (But I'll never admit it to my wife!)

I hope you all have a great day, however it is spent and whoever you spend it with.

Merry Christmas,

Larry 

• Like 7

13 year old daughter got the Mrs. and I up at 6:30. Here she is with her Vera Bradley bag for ballet. Notice all the smelly bath stuff , body sprays etc on the table. A girlie girl who loves to hunt and fish with me. Has been putting night crawlers on her own hook since she was 4 , up and dressed for turkey hunting at 3:02 when alarm goes off at 3. Enjoys "bass thumb ". She's a keeper. It's wonderful to have her around but she's growing up too fast. Merry Christmas to you Larry and yours.

post-4567-0-60468000-1451052283_thumb.jp

• Like 4

At my parents as I am every year and always will be...my mom saves and shops all year long for Christmas she loves it. 10 here this year me and my wife and 2 kids 5 and 3 years my sister and her husband and 18 month old and another sister and her soon to be husband....up at 7 am for presents wish I had a nicer truck but won't till February when I but one so will be a few trips back and forth to home 2 hr drive still Xmas at my house and in laws today too...been a good morning everyone happy hope everyone has a great day.

O and to top it all off today is my dad's 50th birthday....surprise party is tomorrow he has no idea all 7 of his siblings will be there as well as hunting and biker friends.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I love that old fashioned Christmas tree...looks like ours...mix of ornaments nothing designer.

May you all enjoy the day.

We started early, but are always early risers..I donned my new PJ's and grabbed a cup of coffee and unwrapped some really great and thoughtful gifts from Mr.B..No breakfast..man! we all ate so much last night,lasagna was a big hit. as well as every thing else.

Getting ready to take the boys and angel for a walk ....

• Like 1

Say what?  Who's kids are "almost 10"?

Almost 10 AM and their butts are still in bed. My kids are 15, 18 and 20. The 20 year old is home from college. Up until just a couple years ago they would wake us up at the crack of dawn…I had to yell upstairs twice to get them down here….Oh well..still a great day.

Almost 10 AM and their butts are still in bed. My kids are 15, 18 and 20. The 20 year old is home from college. Up until just a couple years ago they would wake us up at the crack of dawn…I had to yell upstairs twice to get them down here….Oh well..still a great day.

Oh, I got ya now. You meant the time 10, not their ages. Too much eggnog for me........

My kid are 23 and 18.......

a9dceed921afbaa79dd73173bc6618ed.jpg

$200 for wooden tracks and stations. I work for Jews so our offices are open today but I waited for him to open his gifts and strolled into work late. At least it's Sabbath so I don't have to stay in the office too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm running out of LIKES...

I just want to say that I enjoyed EVERY post on this thread...My daughter  is 37  and she and my 3 year old grandson live nearly 6 hours away and this Christmas is her year to spend with her hubbie's family...

Thanks for sharing and letting me enjoy all of YOUR Christmas mornings...

• Like 6

a9dceed921afbaa79dd73173bc6618ed.jpg

$200 for wooden tracks and stations. I work for Jews so our offices are open today but I waited for him to open his gifts and strolled into work late. At least it's Sabbath so I don't have to stay in the office too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you work for a Jewish carpenter? Because that would be some irony!
  • Like 3