Ticked off my SIL...

My brother is the same way. No matter how many discussions we have he'll never budge from his stance, but at the same time he'll never get me to budge. He's not against guns but believes it's too easy to get them and that those who have then should pay extra insurance. Very frustrating to have someone in my family feel that way about something that is so deeply rooted in our family and even in our culture where we have many traditions that involve guns or shooting guns to celebrate certain moments. It would be nice if we could all just agree to disagree and get out of each others business, but unfortunately gun owners are going to have many more battles to fight on the gun ownership issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I bet he'd be irate if you suggested a voter registration card because of the ID cost imposed on a poor person. Taking their other right away due to cost (insurance) is ok though because it fits into his narrative. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

I am missing the point. I grew up with a lot of cops who carried when off duty. They left the guns in the car during family gatherings.

I think that is a very poor decision on their part. A simple google search will link to many many cases of lost guns that were taken during car break ins. I think there was even one out here in Rochester a ways back where a Chief had his vehicle broken into at a mall and his duty gun taken. 

• Like 2

I am missing the point. I grew up with a lot of cops who carried when off duty. They left the guns in the car during family gatherings.

Really?? all of them?? and  you know that ALL of them left their guns in their cars…right?? If so that was their decision. I guarantee I know more cops then you do and None of the ones I know would leave their guns in their vehicles, once they got to a family gathering. Wheather that gathering was in a public place or at a family members home.

They would consider it protecting their family members rather than protecting themselves from family members, which you obviously believe to be the case.

• Like 1

But I bet he'd be irate if you suggested a voter registration card because of the ID cost imposed on a poor person. Taking their other right away due to cost (insurance) is ok though because it fits into his narrative.

Couldn't say for sure since I tend to avoid political conversations, but either way that sounds like a topic for another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sil is in the same boat so every year for the last 5 years I have gotten my daughter and father a gun for Christmas and make sure that I give them to them at our family Christmas get together. I get as much enjoyment out of her looks as I do watching my daughter and the old man opening them:)

Edited by Buckmaster7600
  • Like 3

My sil is in the same boat so every year for the last 5 years I have gotten my daughter and father a gun for Christmas and make sure that I give them to them at our family Christmas get together. I get as much enjoyment out of her looks as I do watching my daughter and the old man opening them:)

lol :rofl:   i actually laughed reading this.  id love to see this go down in person lol

lol :rofl: i actually laughed reading this. id love to see this go down in person lol

Oh it's comical trust me! She is a liberal hippy that is a child psychologist. To say we don't get along is an understatement. Everytime she brings up gun laws I promtly explain to her that drugs are illegal and that doesn't stop her from smoking pot and she gets pissed and doesn't talk to me for a while "but never long enough."

Oh it's comical trust me! She is a liberal hippy that is a child psychologist. To say we don't get along is an understatement. Everytime she brings up gun laws I promtly explain to her that drugs are illegal and that doesn't stop her from smoking pot and she gets pissed and doesn't talk to me for a while "but never long enough."

LOL!!! I love it!!

• Like 1

My sister is anti gun. Not the rabid in your face liberal type but the "why do you need that" head in the sand type. She often asks why I carry but its to the point where I just blow her off because there is no changing her mind. 

A couple years ago my nephew, her son., got into a car accident in a real bad section of town. His car had to be towed and he needed a ride. I picked up my sister and we headed out to pick him up. I intentionally drove through an even worse section of town, to get to the bad section to pick up my nephew. I remember my sister being visibly nervous and locking her car door. She finally asked me "do you have a gun on you?" I said "why do I need one?" I bring it up every time she give me crap about carrying and it sort go shuts her up.

• Like 4

I carry most of the time. Hard to conceal in scrubs at work. It is hard to conceal anything in scrubs. Plus it is against policy where I work. I feel very vulnerable there, but I follow the policy. But I never find it an option to tell anyone when I am carrying. If it becomes necessary for them to find out, then they will know. It just adds fuel to the fire to be announcing it. Just my opinion

• Like 1

I carry most of the time. Hard to conceal in scrubs at work. It is hard to conceal anything in scrubs. Plus it is against policy where I work. I feel very vulnerable there, but I follow the policy. But I never find it an option to tell anyone when I am carrying. If it becomes necessary for them to find out, then they will know. It just adds fuel to the fire to be announcing it. Just my opinion

You're absolutely right about being quiet about it. It's a big part of the concealment.

It's the only time I've ever mentioned it to an 'anti', and I'll never do it again.

• Like 2