spooking deer

Jeremy K

Something no hunter would like to perfect, anybody have any ideas for spooking the deer from venturing into my backyard? We have no fence but houses on all sides ,the last 2 mornings ,Rupert was less then 20 feet from the same 2 doe ,I usually walk out back with him and called him back in both times but eventually I won't be there and he really doesn't care for deer all that much.

You may want to try hanging wind chimes in the trees...might work for a while. Irish spring on strings...guys have had luck with thAT AT PLOTS. A LOW Impedance ELECTRIC FENCE LIKE USED IN GROWING DEER.COM...IT'S LOW TO THE GROUND AND EASY TO MOVE...ONCE THEY GET HIT A FEW TIMES...Oopppss sorry cap loc... a simple non electric tape should keep them out.

Edited by growalot

I keep wind chimes in the summer for me, they don't bother the deer. My dogs bark at them, they are use to it. I have fox and coyote that cut through the yard also. I also had electric wire up when i had my goats, that didn't even bother the deer.(or the goats) Nothing stops the deer, i am fine with it.

I am sure soon the deer will change pattern.

I was guessing I would just have to deal with it and just be blessed that the ol hound dog won't chase unless I tell him it's ok. But even good dogs have bad dog days ,my biggest fear is the deer stomping on him after watching the video of the doe kicking the crap out of the dog.

How easy would THAT be...was just over visiting grandson...OMG he's the cutest baby !!!...anyways...he has this toy that you can push a button and record your voice,,,then another and it dances and says what ever you recorded. How hard would it be to have a motion sensor  to something like that....TClll...I'm not greedy I'll take 5% ;)

• Like 1

I think they make sprays that people use for their plants and flowers to keep deer away. I know nothing about it or $$ but thought maybe you could spray the perimeter or if its too much space, maybe spray the areas where deer enter you yard. IE: any deer runs or anything.

This might be the solution ! It could also serve as a Dog House . That's it ...... a Dog House Blind .

If only that was the case ,we may just own the most spoiled dog on the planet. I've actually sat on the less comfy couch because the mutt is sprawled out on the good one. Sometimes I wonder who owns who.

• Like 1

How easy would THAT be...was just over visiting grandson...OMG he's the cutest baby !!!...anyways...he has this toy that you can push a button and record your voice,,,then another and it dances and says what ever you recorded. How hard would it be to have a motion sensor  to something like that....TClll...I'm not greedy I'll take 5% ;)

Lets take it to Shark Tank

I just bought new furniture, my chair was bought so the beagle and english springer could both fit with me. Springer is growing quick so soon it will be just mine and the beagles

Or the Springers!!

I have two Springers ones 10 and the pup is 18 months they love when the grand kids show up gets them off the couch (the dogs) and gives them someone to run and play with

Or the Springers!!

I have two Springers ones 10 and the pup is 18 months they love when the grand kids show up gets them off the couch (the dogs) and gives them someone to run and play with

I think this one is 5 months, he is my husbands dog. I got hurt so i am home for a week or so and this dog does not stop! He loves and demands attention. He uses couch as a spring board, had to put a board behind it to protect window. Chester (beagle) is getting tired of him. haha

My neighbor hangs some of his dirty underwear around edges of his garden all summer & he said it works great keeping the deer out.

I'm not one for really caring what people think about me but I just dont know if I'm ready to be known as the guy who hangs dirty underwear in the yard just yet.

• Like 6

I think this one is 5 months, he is my husbands dog. I got hurt so i am home for a week or so and this dog does not stop! He loves and demands attention. He uses couch as a spring board, had to put a board behind it to protect window. Chester (beagle) is getting tired of him. haha

My coon hound had his own recliner if it doesn't rock he will wine till you move it away from wall....sometimes my daughter climbs up on it with him but normally it's all his

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2