Biz-R-OWorld 2016 Season

BizCT

Thanks all.

11/6: dad didn't hunt the morning, exhausted from last night. This morning We dropped my deer off at the butcher. I AA a huge non typical from Montauk there, should have taken picture. Oh well. Anyway, funny thing is the size of the deer was the same as mine.

I'm done till gun opener, but I'll keep the updates coming from my dad. He's heading out this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all.

11/6: dad didn't hunt the morning, exhausted from last night. This morning We dropped my deer off at the butcher. I AA a huge non typical from Montauk there, should have taken picture. Oh well. Anyway, funny thing is the size of the deer was the same as mine.

I'm done till gun opener, but I'll keep the updates coming from my dad. He's heading out this afternoon.

Hey biz if you guys want to try butchering your own deer id have no problem showing you guys how to do it. Should take no more than 2 hours for the whole deer. 

Appreciate it but typically I donate the venison and only keep backstraps. But this year I decided to keep the meat for a change.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Appreciate it but typically I donate the venison and only keep backstraps. But this year I decided to keep the meat for a change.

Well if you or your father like this deer and want to do it your self just send me a message and ill help out. You'd be surprised how good some cuts like the shank can be. I had some last night and it would rival any backstrap cut. 

• Like 3

The wind helped me get to the blind  without spooking anything...but it also caused me to have to go the very long way then double back... I had a single fawn then twin fawns ..a bit later a spiker. then a doe(@#$$^^%) starts to come in up wind of the blind...75 yrds out and she gets spooky looking at the blind then runs like the wind for the neighbors swamp taking a fawn with her. Of course not long after that my constitution kicked in.. so I grabbed garden cam cards on the way in..Here I sit typing to you having just came in and I was here yesterday to,about the same time...hhmmm I may forego the early morning sits and sleep in a bit..then go sit..I can't do any worse than I have been doing

PICT0001 (11).JPG

Sorry Biz...tired and being yapped at ..posted  inwrong thread..If Moderators would like to delete it I'd be thankful...BTW congrats again on a great hunt.

No problem. But now i get to hunt your land since it's part of my thread!

• Like 4

Well if you or your father like this deer and want to do it your self just send me a message and ill help out. You'd be surprised how good some cuts like the shank can be. I had some last night and it would rival any backstrap cut. 

Appreciate the offer!

• Like 1

Hahahaha...Your doing way better than me on your own land... The out of staters left this a.m....I'm praying they all got something and won't be back until gun...and I hope what I saw last night avoided everyone......at this point I'd just be happy to get proof of him on one of the cams...he's managed to evade all of them.

Don't see many 2.5 year old forkhorns. Congrats.

Yup. Thanks. Based on trail cam pics and experience, definitely a 2.5 (not 1.5). Solid spread, just not many tines. Brows are absent on many bucks in this area. But as I mentioned, definitely my heaviest buck. No way to weigh him tho I would have been curious to true weight.

6 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That's awesome Biz. It's cool to donate the meat as people who need it get some food, but keeping it and eating it, especially first buck from your own land it will take all the better! Heads up folks! Biz will be asking for recipes!!!!

:drinks:

11/7: Dad hunted dark - dark with no deer seen.

He checked cams but doesn't know how to send them to me. He said cam showed a nice red fox came into my buck's gutpile 30 min after he left for the night yesterday. Also a racked buck, but too close to cam to see exactly what it is, came in front of his spot yesterday morning 750am while we were at the butcher. On to tomorrow, he may switch it up and go to our old spot (8 acres, which is now only 3 due to new housing).

11/8: Dad switched it up for the day and went to our old spot (used to be 8 acres of private land, but now is only about 3 due to new housing --  big reason why he bought land). As mentioned in the live from the stand thread I believe the chase is on in 3N. My buck Saturday had a swollen neck and came in hot and now the incident my Dad had today.

My dad called me at 740am to say he watched from 645am - 710am a nice high racked (he thinks 6 or 8pt) buck chasing 3 different does in circles very hard in and out of his view 100-150 yards. He was sitting on the ground in the spot I always sat for many years (with xbow and gun). It's halfway up a hill overlooking a valley with heavy pines to the left and hardwoods to the right. About 100 yards down is another knoll and a deep stream.  At 720am he shot this high racked buck at 28 yards after bleat calling him in away from the other does. He said the buck was limping while chasing the does. He shot him broadside, and the buck quickly turned around and headed with a fast walk towards the stream and out of sight.

Although he's hunting from the ground he was shooting down at a steep angle and was worried that he may have hit high. He waited 40 minutes then checked the spot the buck was standing at when he shot it and found a small pool of blood (thin watery red) and some dark hairs.  Dad hasn't left the woods, so its be over 9 hours now and still hasn't found arrow and didn't see lumenok in the deer so not sure exactly what happened. Because the buck turned around quickly after the shot, he's wondering if the arrow stayed in the buck but he couldn't see it from that angle. Now that its dark he's hoping to scan the woods and find the glowing lumenok. Of course, its possible lumenok didn't work for whatever reason and is buried in the leaves.

If anyone will find this buck, it will be my Dad. Although his hearing is shot from many years of shooting at indoor ranges as a kid with no hearing protection, his other senses make up for it. He couldn't hear if the buck crashed, but he has tracked and found many bucks over the years. In 2014, I posted on here about a buck he ended up finding a day later after he crossed the stream with waders several times. The problem this time is no blood or sign of this deer except for the spot he hit it. Hopefully if he doesn't find it, its because it was a muscle shot and the deer will survive. He said it was a really nice buck too.