Got a lot of editing to do

fasteddie

Went to Geneseo today to pull cards in 3 cameras . Havn't checked them in over 2 months . One camera has 300+ pics that need to be edited , one camera had about 50 pics and the wrong dates ( shows January 2008 ) and another had over 7000 pictures that need to be edited . It's a lot of work when you don't keep up with them . 

I remember once when I apparently had a single goldenrod stalk on a windy day that kept triggering the camera. I had a jillion pictures of nothing but that goldenrod. And that was just within a couple of days. I wonder how many pics I would have had if I hadn't checked the camera for 2 months......lol. Maybe that's where your 7000 pictures came from.

• Like 1

What do you mean by editing? I also have 2 cams out on a newly acquired property that i am supposed to have all to myself, I hope lol hoping trespassers have not snuck in, and grabbed them. they have been there since the beginning of April. 

Hate to say it but im nervous, The land owners are rarely up on the property. Did my best to hide them..

I run into a lot when I put on them on food plots or fields in time lapse. either to survey deer or to watch multiple trails leading into a field or plot.  suppose it could burn me but i key stroke through photos on full screen view.  i play attention to the starting pic number then stop once i hit something i want to keep.  go back to folder and delete that set of consecutive pics. then do it over and over until I'm through them.

• Like 1

I run into a lot when I put on them on food plots or fields in time lapse. either to survey deer or to watch multiple trails leading into a field or plot.  suppose it could burn me but i key stroke through photos on full screen view.  i play attention to the starting pic number then stop once i hit something i want to keep.  go back to folder and delete that set of consecutive pics. then do it over and over until I'm through them.

Been there - done that but it takes a while to go through 7000+ pictures . That particular camera is set up overlooking a gully pasture lot . It's red flash and set to take 3 pics at a sensor tripping . 

This is the field where I shot my doe the opening day of gun season last year . 

post-132-0-15628600-1463666127_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-14547400-1463666147_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-88083300-1463666163_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-69659300-1463666186_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-81402800-1463666205_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-09229000-1463666232_thumb.jpg

post-132-0-25529400-1463666265_thumb.jpg

Been there - done that but it takes a while to go through 7000+ pictures . That particular camera is set up overlooking a gully pasture lot . It's red flash and set to take 3 pics at a sensor tripping . 

This is the field where I shot my doe the opening day of gun season last year . 

7000+ pics is definitely a lot no matter what you do. haha  trails I have it set to burst mode to take 2 pictures.  fields usually do in field scan mode.  don't setup on trails coming into fields or hedgerows anymore.  I use smaller cards too but it seems harder and harder to find cards less than 8GB.  I'm not one for getting videos.

I usually use the 4GB cards . They hold plenty of pics . A couple months ago I bought 10 4GB cards for $20 on EBAY with free shipping . I lighten up some of the night time pics so they show up better . Definitely more deleting than editing .