Saratoga Lake Bass Bonanza!

grampy

Took a day off work to take my lake property neighbor fishing. I get exclusive rights to hunt his 75 acres and all I have to to is take him fishing! I always make sure to take him when the bite is on. We landed and released well over 30 largemouths! Nothing huge but a couple 4 plus pounders and many 3 plus! I was also happy to have him catch the biggest one! And threw in breakfast and lunch too. The very least I can do for shooting many deer on his land. He's a great guy and we always have fun on our fishing trip!

post-5587-0-86650200-1466037392_thumb.jp

post-5587-0-25032600-1466037549_thumb.jp

post-5587-0-93620900-1466037613_thumb.jp

post-5587-0-32722500-1466037692_thumb.jp

post-5587-0-57089500-1466037732_thumb.jp

post-5587-0-68946200-1466037780_thumb.jp

• Like 12

Mohawk Masters tournament is going out of Alcathys Sunday gonna be hitting that!!! Ill have to hit it one day after work next week.

I see you are from Ballston Lake. That is one heck of a good bass lake! I just hate that restaurant launch site though! Anyways again, good luck fishing with the Mohawk Masters on Saturday!

Here's one from Ballston Lake from '14. My wife got it on her pink jig stick while fishing for pan fish, what surprise she got. I used to fish Saratoga a bunch as a kid but that was when I had relatives that had lake rights.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That's a nice one! For sure Ballston Lake has some BIG surprises!

• Like 1

Nice catch, Grampy...

I'm heading for Keuka tomorrow, targeting smallies, but  there are some hog LMs in there too.

I hooked and lost the biggest largemouth I have ever seen there last June.. He jumped  3 times close to the boat and threw the jig on the third jump, but I got a REAL good look at him and I am sure he was well over 6 pounds.

Of course, if you don't LAND the fish, he can be as big as you want, right ??

• Like 1

Of course, if you don't LAND the fish, he can be as big as you want, right ??

So are you saying fishermen have been known to stretch the truth???........ :secret:

Hope you have a great trip! Fling a few in the boat and share a few laughs too! Best of luck to ya!

• Like 1