Rain...

whatcha get ? Asian duck wings , calamari , wild game burgers ( have had kangaroo , elk , bison ) are so good there. How about that 100 craft beer list ?!

I thought about the wild game burger but figured I'd just be disappointed due to my incredible culinary skills on my own REAL wild game. :)  My buddy and I had the seafood stuffed broiled fish.  My wife had some form of a salad with prime rib tips or something in it.  My buddies wife had a chicken dish that looked (and she confirmed) dynamite.  Prices really weren't too bad considering the high rent district of Transit Rd and the 14221 zip code....

Funny thing is, like TC said, getting in the place for a meal without waiting a long time can be difficult.  I'm not interested in hanging out at the bar for a few beers/drinks then sitting for my meal.  Prices and tips at the bar can add up fast and we just can't risk DWI these days. (or even those days in the past!) A couple beers is good in my case......

So we started at a joint down the street that we like, "Chester's".  We had a couple beers there and as we were getting ready to give our menu choices to the waiter he said, "sorry folks, sewer backup in the kitchen.  We can't serve food under those condition".  Damn the luck......

So off we went to roll the dice at the Griffon Pub.  We figured what the heck, have a beer and if the wait is too long we'd just say screw it and go to Mighty Taco.  :)  We were pleasantly surprised when they called us after no more than 10 minutes to our table.

• Like 2

The temps. dropped and it was a good soaker last night. Yesterday's was good for the upper plot and gardens. The lower plot still had very little that reached into the ground....I pulled weeds. The ground was still dry...I'm hoping this last night's event remedied that.

We had a dog hiding under bed thunder storm yesterday...rain lasted maybe 10 mins ...heavy rain...then I think we were hit again while I was gone...plants shot up ,but I planted this a.m. bone dry under the surface...and I rototilled just before it rained! this mornings rains missed us by just a couple of miles....

We have had rain a few times over the past week. One lasted a few hours but most have been short showers. Today got me, it was a light sprinkle so took the dog out and it opened up on us. Full downpour just like that. We were both soaked by the time we got inside. Toweled her off so the g/f didn't have a fit that the new carpet was wet. LOL

You guys to the west...did you get it, did you get it?...I know you have been drier than us in the Finger lakes and I see the radar and now hear the thunder of a large storm moving toward us...with a severe weather warning tag on it....I hope it gives us all that much needed rain..

LTDH so you did get some of that storm?....It started at 6:30 here and stopped at 745...filled the puddles...glad I spent the weekend weeding and raking in fertilizer around all the plants and walk some over the hemp plot.I also mowed part of clover...dang wild chicory was heading out big time and is trying hard to take the clover over....Now I can disc up the turnip plot that is above the hemp...tired of watching my top soil blow away while working the soil...wish I had a bunch of money...I'd get a no till drill...hhhmmm if wishes were dollars.....

Edited by growalot

So thanks if you actually did a prayer...it worked..perfect...hard enough to pound the seed in...and those where mainly flat areas so run off shouldn't be a problem...except around the goat barn...but it will run down into the hemp and grow anyways.......We ALL SO NEEDED THIS !

• Like 1