Rage knock offs

stoneam2006

Not talking 20 bucks tho let's do the math if a 3 pack is 30 bucks a head is 10 bucks...I'm looking at 6 for 20 that's just over 3 a head...another thing is I shoot deer yotes coon or fox from the stand and if bored enough I'll shoot a squirrel. That gets expensive

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Edit...just to point out I will not use them if I am not 100 percent sure in performance of the head.

you'll never be %100 sure until it's to late in my opinion.....buy the cheap ones for the plinking and the real ones for the deer. Like I also said, you'll probably never have any issue shooting anything with them as long as you make sure the blades are sharpened. I also think 8 out of 10 broadhead failures are operator error and everyone needs to blame something so that's where it usually falls...heck, with the size of some mechancals today, even if they don't open, if you put them where they belong it should result in a dead deer...not that it's good, but you get the point.

• Like 1

you'll never be %100 sure until it's to late in my opinion.....buy the cheap ones for the plinking and the real ones for the deer. Like I also said, you'll probably never have any issue shooting anything with them as long as you make sure the blades are sharpened. I also think 8 out of 10 broadhead failures are operator error and everyone needs to blame something so that's where it usually falls...heck, with the size of some mechancals today, even if they don't open, if you put them where they belong it should result in a dead deer...not that it's good, but you get the point.

Very true a steel rod thru the right spot is a dead deer...I still may end up staying with muzzy but for the price can't go wrong and if I do end up using them then for the price u can see some more dead squirrels in my future

2 of my buddies bought the rage knockoffs.. price is great for the quantity purchased.. they are the exact same thing just a little lower in the steel quality dept.. resulting in broken blades more often and the ferrule being not as strong. All deer shot with these have been recovered due to well placed shots but... imo ill spend the extra for the actual rage heads and they lost longer due to strength especially when trying to ethically harvest an animal quick as possible..

in my free time I'm building prints to make my own rage hypodermic broadheads and machine them myself..

Need CAD assistance or you have that covered? I'd be interested in seeing them when finished.

• Like 2

Always used fixed cut on contact, last year bought some Rage . Shot one buck he died, to small of a sample size for me to see if I'll stick with them. Your bow should shoot fieldpoints and broadheads the same anyway, I always viewed mechanicals as a solution in search of a problem ,yep the deer died same as all the ones I shot with fixed ......

On the cost ,I did not see a big deal, bought 3 heads should last me 3 years .

On the subject of "knock offs" im not a fan of "knock offs," " just like," " almost as good as " type products . I'll stick with the orignals thank you, the guys who did all the R&D , the marketing

incurred all the costs , made something so successful it caught the eye of the thieves who make knock,offs.

Want to save money buy some fixed Mangus or Zwickey's for $8 a pop and just resharpen it after each kill .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

Lol how does saving money have anything to do with ethics? If the broadhead looks like a rage flies like a rage cuts like a rage and deploys like a rage then I'm 100 percent sure it will kill like a rage...I still have testing to do on them but from reviews and AT guys who have used them I expect nothing less than a rage other than having to sharpen them witch I always check on my heads anyway.

Listen buddy, do whatever you want.  I'm just giving you my opinion.  If you want to be a cheapo and buy knock off broad heads to save a buck that's your prerogative.  They may work fine, who knows.  I personally won't invest in a non-brand name broad head from ebay.  That's just my feelings and I am not telling anyone how to feel here.  Not sure why you cannot comprehend how saving money by investing in a no name ebay broad head can effect ethically killing a living animal.  Most items are cheap for a reason.  I wish you luck.  Let's keep this moving. 

• Like 1

Id give them a try if they offer 125 grain heads. I like my Rage 125s with the shock collars so far.

They do...just gotta look for 20 bucks and the reviews they get IMO if you shoot rages and don't bother even giving them a shot your either made of money or something else...alot of guys on AT are using them and have had no issues except needing to sharpen blades...seems like a good deal to me.