How do I Turn off the @#*%@ E-Mails?

wildcat junkie

Now that you guys have "improved" the site, I get E-mails notifying me of posts that I have never even replied to or seen before. Do I have to completely turn off the E-mail to stop this? I like having notification of PMs (like the old software) but I don't want my inbox clogged up with notifications to threads/post that I probably have little interest in.

27 minutes ago, Rockspek said:

You can pick in choose in your account setting the look to the right and it says notification settings.  then there are some options

Been there, done that.

Read and understand this. I am getting notifications to posts I have never even seen before. I am NIT "following" them. The site seems to randomly pick posts to "notify" me of.

Right now it seems that my only option will be to shut of all notifications & I want to be notified of PMs & PMs only.

I look at me email in box and I'm reminded of Arnold Swarzenegger in that commercial where his phone is blowing up. :)

Holy Kielbasa.........a guy starts a thread and BAM!  I couldn't believe what I saw when I opened my email towards the end of the day yesterday in the thread I started about "change".

We'll muddle through WCJ............

1 hour ago, Trial153 said:

Just go to settings....

2 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

Been there, done that.

Read and understand this. I am getting notifications to posts I have never even seen before. I am NIT "following" them. The site seems to randomly pick posts to "notify" me of.

Right now it seems that my only option will be to shut of all notifications & I want to be notified of PMs & PMs only.

What part of this don't you understand? It sends notification for totally unrelated posts. There is a problem, it's not about "settings"!

The settings went back to the default with the update. Once you change the settings to your desired notifications all is then well.

Some of us could walk you through it. But your such an ass on here that it not worth it. I hope your phone explodes, douche.

• Like 2

System had to be changed - the old one was not supported anymore.

Bumjohn has explained this and also stated there will be bugs to get worked out that will take some time.

Your options are be patient and live with it, turn off all until it is debugged (if it really is the software) or leave.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Trial153 said:

The settings went back to the default with the update. Once you change the settings to your desired notifications all is then well.

Some of us could walk you through it. But your such an ass on here that it not worth it. I hope your phone explodes, douche.

I am out of likes, so +1 on this and what Paula said as well. If you ask for help, then argue with them for trying, don't expect anyone else to offer a solution.

The sad part is, it's three easy steps and your all set. LOL

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

What category are those posts coming from....general chat....deer hunting....guns and politics...etc...?

You may NOT be subscribed to or following those particular threads, but you may be subscribed to that forum section.

I didn't realize I was following the "Hunting related pictures" section of the site until new posts just started showing up in my email since the update.

Click the number beside the "follow" box above the reply button at the top of the page to see if your listed. If you are, you can remove yourself to stop the email updates.

Oh yeah, one more thing..... quit being such a meanie,lol

• Like 1

yea I've been trying to figure out what's going on.  I think if you post in a thread it automatically follows the thread and you've got to do what Wooly said and turn it off?? I think that's right.  trying to get other stuff done so I haven't looked at it too much.

I think I'm starting to figure it out.  anyone know... can you have things setup to where you just get email notifications if someone likes or replies to a post of yours?  as of right now it seems like it's follow the whole thread or nothing.  right now I've got nothing I think.

Edited by dbHunterNY

Anybody have any luck stopping all the email notifications? I've adjusted all of my settings to only notify me once a day but I'm still getting a ton of emails throughout the day and night. Pretty much everytime a new thread is started in a category that I follow. Any help would be great, thanks

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk