1st shot daily pics

stoneam2006

• 2 months later...

Haven't taken a practice shot in a while, so just shot three at 16 yards, and yes, in the house again. At least I make the effort to take some practice shots, not just winging it. Not a great group, but tight enough to get out there for the last week when I can, and be confident in the bow, where the arrows are hitting, and my form to get a clean shot and not aim at the lungs and hit the a$$.

late3.jpg

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

Haven't taken a practice shot in a while, so just shot three at 16 yards, and yes, in the house again. At least I make the effort to take some practice shots, not just winging it. Not a great group, but tight enough to get out there for the last week when I can, and be confident in the bow, where the arrows are hitting, and my form to get a clean shot and not aim at the lungs and hit the a$$.

late3.jpg

Good on ya! I need to get a bow ready for 3D it start in a couple weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good on ya! I need to get a bow ready for 3D it start in a couple weeks

I need to get my bow ready too, our league starts the January 8th....my pins weren't at the yardages that I like for hunter class. Need some fine tuning and refletching of some arrows and hopefully it won't take to long to get dialed in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

good deal.  I never real stop shooting the bow.  Still shooting 5-20 arrows at least every other day from 15-22 yds (basement limits).   Relaxing to me.

i know a guy that dug out and extended his basement beyond his house to get a full 30 yards.  he's dedicated to say the least.  i can't get much more than 10 yards with all the crap i've got.  i just scale down vegas face targets and print half size.  indoor leagues start up after the holidays.

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I shoot AHC and they're changing the max to 45. I have to come up with a pin setup.

there's a plus or minus 2 yards for error.  on top of that some tournaments and clubs stretch it another yard or two.  my fixed pin setups have a 40 and 50 yard pins.  all pins are .010"

there's a plus or minus 2 yards for error.  on top of that some tournaments and clubs stretch it another yard or two.  my fixed pin setups have a 40 and 50 yard pins.  all pins are .010"

I'm going to set my bottom pin right at 45 and see what it does at 40. Knowing the clubs we shoot they won't set many at the max, they hardly set any over 35 when we were at 40 max

• 2 months later...

First shot today and first shot since archery season is the one that is high center on the target. The bow is sighted in for broadheads still so the other three that are all high left would have been right on the mark. This was only at 10 yards just to scratch the itch I've been having. Ended up shooting 12 at 10 yards and 12 at 20 yards. d62d2af32dc69f7cb6b3dc1db7d6cfc6.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Moho81 said:

First shot today and first shot since archery season is the one that is high center on the target. The bow is sighted in for broadheads still so the other three that are all high left would have been right on the mark. This was only at 10 yards just to scratch the itch I've been having. Ended up shooting 12 at 10 yards and 12 at 20 yards. d62d2af32dc69f7cb6b3dc1db7d6cfc6.jpg

Nice group.

Had mine out the other day, Officially need a new target to shoot again, center is blown out. Thinking of hunting Spring Turkey with mine.